I need some support.....

hope002
hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
I have been trying to lose weight for many years unsuccessfully, because I wasn't exercising regularly.
Now, 11 months after I had my 2nd baby I am at my pre-pregnancy weight (207 lbs), but I have this tummy like I am 4-5 months pregnant and can't get rid of it.
About a months ago I started walking really fast every morning and biking almost every night and lost just 1-2 lbs. Last week I started to alternating running and fast walking in the morning and I gained 1.5 lbs and my tummy doesn't look any smaller.
I feel like quitting the whole exercising thing like I have done many times in the past because of no success....
I need some advise, please

Replies

• _Punjab
    _Punjab Posts: 67
    Before quitting because of the number on the scale, pay attention to how your body is feeling. Do you feel better? Is it easier than when you started out? If yes, then that means progress! Don't give up just because the number isn't what you want it to be! The number isn't what matters. It's how you feel and how your health improves!

Also, you didn't mention your diet at all in this post. You may be ruining all of your hard work because you're not eating the right foods?
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 476 Member
    I know it took way longer for my tummy to rebound after baby #2, he is a year old now and I am just now finally starting to lose that puffy still pregnant look. (Despite diet and exercise ,I was getting really frustrated as well so I know the feeling.) Finally starting to notice a bit of a difference...
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    I don't eat processed food, don't drink coke, rarely eat sweets, try to eat more veggies and do eat a lot of fruits
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 476 Member
    Have you tried incorporating strength training a couple times a week? Adding in lean muscle mass might be the answer if you're already doing cardio and eatting right.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    you expect to see results in a month?

do it for 6 months, then see what happens.

proteins and veg! less carbs!
  • Hello...Hope
    I did give birth to my third child almost 11 month ago (with two pregnancy in 18 month I know perfectly what you mean...°
    To get rid off this tummy , the best thing to do it's to develop the muscles there....
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    I definitely third the notion of strength training. Pregnancy is SO hard on those muscles. They'll probably need some work to get back. I had three children in less than 3-1/2 years, I sympathize!
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Exercise is great and will help your heart and get you fit - so you are on the right track!! However - exercise only accounts for 20% of weight loss. Do you know what that means? 80% of weight loss is about your food choices. I would take a look at your diet and make sure that you are consistently making healthy food choices :)