Homemade Healthier NO BAKE Granola Bars

Options
amandavictoria80
amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
Just wanted to share my current granola bar recipe with everyone. Everyone loves them! And I love this recipe because it is no bake. Very easy to make. I've been trying to figure out how I can reduce sugar.

1/2 cup. honey or corn syrup {I used 1/4 c. of each}
1/2 cup. brown sugar
1/4 cup. peanut butter
1 scoop (33g) Protein Powder (I use Dymatize Chocolate)

2 cup. quick oats
2 cup. Special K or Rice Krispie cereal
1 1/2 cup All Bran Flakes cereal
1/3 cup. ground flax seed (I prefer roasted flax seed)
1 cup. total of your favorite mix-ins {I use almonds and and a little bit of chocolate chips)

Directions:

In a small sauce pan, cook honey and brown sugar over medium-high heat until sugar is completely dissolved – stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter. When peanut butter is dissolved, stir in protein powder.

In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cereal, nuts and flax seed.

Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients — mix very well.

Stir in chocolate chips, fruit, and any other “mix-ins”

Press mixture into a pan approximately 9″ x 13″ that has been greased or lined with wax paper. Pound it flat like you would rice krispie squares.

Refrigerate until hardened. ENJOY!!! :) Sorry, but I don't have any nutritional info added up yet.

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! I've been looking for a recipe and tried a disaster one last week. This was so timely for me!!! :)
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I didn't make these yet - but this recipe looks fantastic for no bake granola bars! It is next on my list to try :)

http://www.yogamint.com/video/get-outta-town
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump...sounds good
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    bump!
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fail for me! The liquid part wasnt liquidy enough so it kept sticking to everything.. And it didnt combine well.. will see how it turns out..!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    How is this healthier when it is just built out of processed foods?
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    How is this healthier when it is just built out of processed foods?

It's relative; not totally healthy but at least has some nutritional value and not just empty calories. There's plenty of fibre and protein so I will be trying.

If your body is a temple and you refuse to feed it anything but pure natural healthy foodstuffs then granola bars are unlikely to appeal to you so scoff at us quietly to yourself and move on
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    ooh im gona try that, thanks for sharing.x :flowerforyou: