Rosemary Conley

Options
Mogs21
Mogs21 Posts: 6 Member
Hi I'm following Rosemary Conley's GI hip and thigh diet - this is my second week - I've just had a hip replacement - and have a thigh brace - so have decided not to weigh myself for another 6 weeks - and just judge by inches. The first two weeks allow total daily calorie consumption of 1200 calories. I'm more determined than ever because I need to lose weight for my health and fitness - for my sake - and my family. I have experienced hunger on the 'fat attack' fortnight - but I embrace it - as I have not often allowed myself to feel hungry before meals - so now i look forward to eating a lovely meal - feeling hungry - and actually properly satisfied afterwards. So getting back in touch with my senses. I need to walk 20 minutes three times a day for fitness - (my own goal) - to get my hip back to full strength - and lose the weight so I don't add to much strain on the muscles. Anyone else doing Rosemary Conley?

Replies

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have her book entitled the G.I. Jeans diet. Good book. One of my many Diet books. I'm on 1200 calories and am 52.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i thought this said rosemary clooney and was gonna suggest y'all listen to mambo italiano by the lido brothers. sorry
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I used to do Rosemary Conley on the Amazing Inch Loss Plan. I did the first 2 weeks on 1200 but I was starving, it really isn't that much food, so I read and read, did plenty of research and discarded the book and joined the EM2WL group.I cannot survive on 1200 cals a day, even 1400 and still do plenty of cardio, my body needs much more food for that, for me to lose it healthily and keep it off.

From reading the book most people who were succesful stay on low calories for the rest of their lives, and I cannot stay on low calories.

If you really want to continue on this diet plan, be prepared to be hungry quite often whilst adjusting to it =[ I was and my mother and friends who also followed the plan, gained their weight back in the long run. It is a diet incorporating healthy eating, but not healthy eating in general, she limits the amount of fats you should be eating, yet their are essential fats we need in our diet that she doesn't incorporate into her diet plan.

And I was always fatigued so much so I could barely do much exercise on this plan as I wasn't getting the fuel my body needed. I suggest if you stick to the plan, do have as much fruit and veg as possible and go over on the power snacks, you need to keep your body fuelled.

Good luck.