Any experiences with dizzy spells?

Options
2»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Switching to low carb reduces sodium retention and the usual advice is to increase salt intake to compensate, otherwise various symptoms may appear including feeling feint when standing up etc.

So you lose a lot of water on low carb and can lower Blood Pressure too much and cause dizziness. Get your BP checked. Use salt on your foods. The best is the one that is 50/50 sodium/potassium. It's called lite salt.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I know it's not "paleo" but consider adding some beans to your diet. That often helps with dizziness.

Edit: I just looked at your diary YOU'RE NOT EATING ENOUGH.

I agree. You are not eating enough. If I ate 800 calories then had a beer I would be getting dizzy spells too.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    You're doing low carbs and Blue Moon is technically beer so you had carbs and then of course the sugar in alcohol...
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    could be your dehydrated
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    :huh: Looking at your diary, I'd take a wild guess and say you need to EAT more, as others have pointed out. See your doctor if that doesn't help with the dizzy spells. No internet advice can replace a F2F visit with your physician.
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    Isn't Blue Moon a wheat beer? Er, wheat?!
  • Neikx
    Neikx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs and I've been getting really bad dizzy spells. I get them when I move from a crouched position to a standing position. I've reduced my sugar intake to only fruit, I also eat some carbs (whole grains) everyday. I think it's because I'm not eating enough, and exercising a lot. I was eating about 1200 cal/day, but decided to aim for 1600 a day. I'm going to my doctor just to make sure I'm alright. Better safe than sorry! I would say if it happens frequently than you should definitely go see your doctor.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Since this post is two years old, i am pretty sure she's figured out her dizzy spell by now.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Since this post is two years old, i am pretty sure she's figured out her dizzy spell by now.

Or..... she's not 'with us anymore....'