July Goal Setting

Options
Good morning, MFPs!

I've decided to set myself a public goal for the month of July in the hopes that the accountability will help get me back on track. I've been struggling lately to be as honest and complete in my logging as I was at the beginning. For the last 2-3 months, I've been bouncing around the 190's, from 190.2 to 199.6#. This morning I was 200.6#. This trend has got to stop!! I know most of today's increase is water retention from too much crap and salt over the weekend, but if I don't get back on track, my hard work will be reversed and I'll continue to gain. I've really been stress-eating the last month or so, although I know it doesn't help me feel better in the long-term.

Goal: By July 31, 2012, I will reduce my weight to less than 190#.
How: I will plan my meals daily and log all food. I will not exceed my weekly calorie goal. I will move daily, even if it's just a walk at lunch. I will complete the B210k program. When I feel like I need to binge, I will take a breath and identify the emotions spurring me to binge, discuss them with a trusted friend, and redirect with a walk or other healthful choice. I will check in here daily to report on the day before.

Feel free to join me in setting a public goal and reporting your progress.

<deep breath> Wish me luck!!

Kim

Replies

• kinzytg
    kinzytg Posts: 42
    Options
    Good luck! The water retention on Monday, I hear you, I weigh in now on Thursday mornings ;)
  • mindyt23
    mindyt23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Kim! I like your ideas on redirecting your thoughts when you want a binge! You can do it!
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I will walk/run 100 miles this month. #letsdoit
  • ahigg396
    ahigg396 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love this! I will join you! I want to lose 5 lbs during the month of July and will not be sucked into the madness that is back-to-school, pre-planning binge eating. I'm in!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I know how you are feeling, I have been bouncing about on the scales and with my exercising for the last month and I hate it :grumble: Now vacation is a couple of weeks away and I really want to have this under control while I am away. I know it is going to be hard but I can't just throw away what I have gained/lost over the last several months....SOOOOO I'M DTERMINED TO BE FOCUSED :wink:

Good luck to you again....You can do it!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • tineisme
    tineisme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!

I am stuck in at a certain weigh too and it is driving me CRAZY! I know how you feel. This past week I did not look at a scale, I just did all I could and I used this website everyday. I feel better and I can see little changes so I am trying to stay focused on that. I wish you all the luck in the world and keep us posted!!! You have a lot of people cheering you on!!!!

Stay Strong and Healthy!!!
  • amaze16
    amaze16 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am right there with you.... same exact weight as well. I did the same thing when it I saw the 200 on the scale after remember how excited I was when the saw the 190 a while back. I have slowly been bringing it back.. a few weeks ago I saw the 200 one morning (I figured with the way I have been eating).. Every time I manage to loose a few pounds, I fall back into old habits. I too am gonna make it a goal to hit 190 before the month is over. Good luck to you with reaching your goal... We can totally do this. You have an awesome plan laid out, and taking it one day at a time it can get done. I hope to check back in with you and am excited to see you succeed. :smile:
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The water retention on Monday, I hear you, I weigh in now on Thursday mornings ;)

Thank you!! I think seeing that I had left ONE-derland this morning was the motivation I needed to re-commit to the fight!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Good Luck Kim! I like your ideas on redirecting your thoughts when you want a binge! You can do it!

Thank you! Now I just need to execute the plan!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    I will walk/run 100 miles this month. #letsdoit

You can do it, Kelly! Good luck!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    I love this! I will join you! I want to lose 5 lbs during the month of July and will not be sucked into the madness that is back-to-school, pre-planning binge eating. I'm in!

Thanks! Success = making a plan and sticking to it! You can do it!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    Good luck to you! I know how you are feeling, I have been bouncing about on the scales and with my exercising for the last month and I hate it :grumble: Now vacation is a couple of weeks away and I really want to have this under control while I am away. I know it is going to be hard but I can't just throw away what I have gained/lost over the last several months....SOOOOO I'M DTERMINED TO BE FOCUSED :wink:

Good luck to you again....You can do it!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Thanks!! It's nice to know I am not alone in this bouncing thing!

And thanks for the FR! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!

I am stuck in at a certain weigh too and it is driving me CRAZY! I know how you feel. This past week I did not look at a scale, I just did all I could and I used this website everyday. I feel better and I can see little changes so I am trying to stay focused on that. I wish you all the luck in the world and keep us posted!!! You have a lot of people cheering you on!!!!

Stay Strong and Healthy!!!

Thank you! Love your attitude!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    I am right there with you.... same exact weight as well. I did the same thing when it I saw the 200 on the scale after remember how excited I was when the saw the 190 a while back. I have slowly been bringing it back.. a few weeks ago I saw the 200 one morning (I figured with the way I have been eating).. Every time I manage to loose a few pounds, I fall back into old habits. I too am gonna make it a goal to hit 190 before the month is over. Good luck to you with reaching your goal... We can totally do this. You have an awesome plan laid out, and taking it one day at a time it can get done. I hope to check back in with you and am excited to see you succeed. :smile:

Thanks! I do the exact same thing with the "see a loss on the scale, eat in response" thing. I'll have to explore if it's just a relaxation/celebration thing or self-sabotage!

Thanks for the FR - We've got this! :happy:
  • KKWeiss
    KKWeiss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! just setting my goals now for the next ten weeks - target goal is to lose weight in July and August.
    planning on uping my exercise routine, counscously stocking my fridge and preparing for my 5pm binge hour with a healthy snack at 4!
    I'm also planning my celebration day for September 9th when I reach my goal of 10 lbs with a day of massage and movies with a friend who has been supporting me.
    LETS DO IT!!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    I'm in!! just setting my goals now for the next ten weeks - target goal is to lose weight in July and August.
    planning on uping my exercise routine, counscously stocking my fridge and preparing for my 5pm binge hour with a healthy snack at 4!
    I'm also planning my celebration day for September 9th when I reach my goal of 10 lbs with a day of massage and movies with a friend who has been supporting me.
    LETS DO IT!!

Great plan! Best of luck!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    good luck, you will do great!
    i've been setting monthly goals and only weighing in once a month and it's really helped me see progress. i think once you just make healthy eating and exercise part of your normal routine, instead of having the "diet" and constant battle with the scale mentatlity, the pounds fall off a lot easier. :smile:
  • jordycg
    jordycg Posts: 10
    Options
    My goal is to finally get under a BMI of 25 and start working on toning rather than just doing cardio!
  • thekacers
    thekacers Posts: 68
    Options
    This post gave me the swift kick in the butt! It was my goal to be 175 in August, but I have gained a couple pounds this week.
    For the month of July, it is my goal to get back to exercising and tracking my food, in the hopes of losing about 10 lbs, so I can reach my goal! Here's to getting back to work!
    Good luck to you all!
  • Kimbie500
    Options
    good luck, you will do great!
    i've been setting monthly goals and only weighing in once a month and it's really helped me see progress. i think once you just make healthy eating and exercise part of your normal routine, instead of having the "diet" and constant battle with the scale mentatlity, the pounds fall off a lot easier. :smile:

Thanks! I agree - this journey is in no way a diet - I'm setting myself up now with a lifestyle I can maintain!