Hit a platue

bwilton77
bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't know what happened. I was doing really well and the weight was coming off no problem I lost 30 lbs but now the scale won't budge it's been 2 weeks and its just not moving. I am glad it's not moving in the wrong direction but am still frustrated. Does anyone have any advice on how to kick start my weight loss again or at least get it moving again?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    It's normal to have weeks like this. Your body will become more efficient at using whatever amount of energy you give it, meaning you'll burn fewer calories over time as you maintain a caloric deficit. YOu'll even burn fewer calories doing the same exercises at the same intensity level. Try adding new exercises, changing the intensity, and adding some calories to your diet for a week.
  • I'm in the same boat. I haven't lost a pound in over a month.

So....I'm increasing my exercise routine since I'm sure my body has gotten used to my normal exercises (I'm a runner). I can tell my body is used to it as I don't burn as many cals as I used to doing the same exercises. I've added weight training at the gym.

I am also changing my food intake. I'll try lowering my cals from 1400 to 1200 or increasing them to about 1800 for a week. I might try mixing up my food intake....1200 one day, 1800 the next, ect.

I am also drinking more water.

Here is another thing: I also know I've gained more muscle (I can see it!), which weighs more...so I'm pretty sure my "scale stagnation" would also include a few pounds of muscle gain, too.

Basically you have to do something that you don't normally do. Just remember.....this is normal and a lot of people go through it so you are not alone.

Hopefully that will "fix" it because I sure understand where you are coming from....plateaus suck!
  • Definitely switch things up! Try some new foods and challenge your body with new and more difficult exercises. Your body is adjusting to what it thinks is routine. You have to switch things up and "trick" your body. Good luck!!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.