Drunk Food Suggestions

Options
I have been given concert tickets that include access to a food tent and open bar. I rarely indulge in alcohol but have decided that this would be one of those times. I am excited to be outside by the river with live music, friends and a few drinks in me :)

But I want to recover fairly quickly. I have no intention of getting "wasted", however I have always feel best eating as soon as I am home before I go to bed. I eat, drinks lots of water and wake up feeling pretty normal.

But what should I eat? I do not want to throw my diet out the door. I know I will be over my calorie goal for that day, but I am trying to make the damage as little as possible.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Dance. Bunches and bunches and lots. Burn off the extra calories. A couple big glasses of water before bed and you'll be fine. You may be up a bit but it will just be salt.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been mixing a scoop of protein powder into a natural yoghurt and eating that. It seems to satisfy my hunger and craving for fat, and after drinking so many empty calories I think ensuring you get some protein and a little fat is the best option. If you want something savory as well I like to eat a slice of ham as well.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Tons of water (perhaps some gatorade) and an egg white omelet, and a piece of whole wheat bread. That's what I remember from my rager days...though make sure you cook in advance (maybe hard boil some eggs and keep them in the fridge?) No need to cook while you're buzzed.
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Be smart! lol! Far too many times I would get drunk and we would go straight to Jack N the Box. lol. But I also danced lots. So be sure to just dance, dance, dance! :) Make somethings to eat before you leave, that way if you come home with a craving, there ya go. Drink lots of water before bed. Or maybe in-between each drink.