I cruised and I lost weight!

Thanks to all the people that replied to my anxious posts before I cruised about my fear of gaining while I was so new on my journey and scared that I would fall into old habits. First of all I had a fab trip, but caught a bit of a cold and that cut down some of my working out or I think I would have lost more than half a pound.

I appreciate all the help. I really just applied my new life style changes. I did work out everyday. I had a cold on the trip that went to bronchitis so at the end I felt pretty bad. My ship the Carnival Conquest gym was pretty small and not a lot of free weights so I walked an hour a day on treadmill. I knew I wanted to do fine dining every night so for breakfast I limited myself to pretty much fresh fruits and 2 eggs. I drank a ton of water and carried my own 64 oz water bottle to keep up with it. I kept sodas and booze to a minimum. It was so hot I was glad I drank so much water. Saw several people pass out due to the heat.

At lunch I made myself have a large salad before trying any of the other choices. I tried a bite of anything that interested but usually I really was full and not hungry. I di not snack between meals at all. I did have a hotdog and fries one day for lunch. But not sure If I just have not had this in so long or if the ships was really bad, but it just tasted nasty.

At dinner every night though I had what I wanted. I love trying new things. I had all four courses. I love soup so sometimes I would try more than one. Not saying I ate everything of each course, but I tried it all. I even ordered dessert every night. Had a bite or two and had told the waiter to take it away once I was done so I did not continue "snacking" on it.

I did not attend any of the dessert buffets or specialty buffets....these were in addition to normal meal times. I knew my will power was not that strong and I really was not hungry. So thanks to all those that encouraged me and it is possible to cruise and maintain or even lose a bit. I even had a few cocktails on the trip as well. We also did the Chef's Table which is amazing and I recommend it if you are ever on a Carnival ship. So I had a blast, did not really "deny" myself and applied those life style changes I am learning on my journey to getting healthy.

Replies