How much saturated fat is okay?

Options
Good morning everyone! ^^

So this might be a little dumb of a question to ask, but I am kind of curious. Right now, MFP has me set for 14 g of saturated fat a day......is this an okay amount? Or would it be detrimental if I raised that amount to perhaps 20-30 grams? Although I already eat quite low fat, there are times when I want to just indulge in something like cheesecake (mmm) and it kind of goes over my recommended amount.

And what do you guys have your saturated fat set at? Do you track it at all? :)

Thanks for all replies! xD

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    IF you eat low fat all the time then I would not worry about indulging once in a while.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't track saturated fat. I have my fat percentage set at about 50% of my diet. It mostly comes from healthy sources, except for the occasional treat.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Why do you eat low fat?
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Saturated fat is terrible for you, I do not think it does anything good for the body at all, unlike monosaturated and polysaturated . If you go over it every once in a while that is fine. I would just leave it where it is for sat fat. I do track my sat fat and it is also set for 14 grams.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    Bump
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! ^^

So this might be a little dumb of a question to ask, but I am kind of curious. Right now, MFP has me set for 14 g of saturated fat a day......is this an okay amount? Or would it be detrimental if I raised that amount to perhaps 20-30 grams? Although I already eat quite low fat, there are times when I want to just indulge in something like cheesecake (mmm) and it kind of goes over my recommended amount.

And what do you guys have your saturated fat set at? Do you track it at all? :)

Thanks for all replies! xD

About 80% of the fat I eat is all saturated fat and 50-60% of what I eat in a days time is also in the form of fat. My way of life and way of eating is high fat, moderate protein and lower carbs.

Bacon drippings (filtered), butter, coconut oil, beef tallow (self-rendered), lard (self rendered), - all saturated fats.