I'm walking away .... from the scale.

Options
I've lived and breathed by the scale since I was 9. I'm turning 33 one month from today. Nearly a quarter of a century I've been obsessed about the scale.

Today, July 2nd, I am walking away from the scale. I will not continue to rate my worth based on what the numbers on the scale say. I will eat healthly, exercise appropriately, judge my weight by how I feel in my clothing, how I look in the mirror.

I feel pretty good about my little come to Jesus moment with the scale. <if there was a smiley with strong arms, I'd be inserting it here>

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Woooooo!! That's awesome. I'm getting there, and it's not easy.
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there, that's great! I'm with you. The times that I've gotten into the best shape are when I've had no access or interest in a scale. I wonder if that is at least in part because without the scale I can only go by how I feel/look/clothes fit and therefore have no idea that I'm "in a weight loss plateau" or "up 3 pounds because of water".

I've been struggling these past few months to get back on track and I feel like I have a solid plan. This time, it doesn't involve the scale for me as well. Good luck!

Emily
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've lived and breathed by the scale since I was 9. I'm turning 33 one month from today. Nearly a quarter of a century I've been obsessed about the scale.

Today, July 2nd, I am walking away from the scale. I will not continue to rate my worth based on what the numbers on the scale say. I will eat healthly, exercise appropriately, judge my weight by how I feel in my clothing, how I look in the mirror.

I feel pretty good about my little come to Jesus moment with the scale. <if there was a smiley with strong arms, I'd be inserting it here>

I too have a love hate relationship with my scale!! I decided last week that I would weigh in today and then I actually brought it to work and am turning it over to a friend for a month!! I am one of those that weighs in the am again before bed and if the scale catches my eye! Tired of letting it decide how I am doing!! Also measurments yesterday and no more for at least a month! Congratulations!!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Good for you!! :bigsmile:

I feel the same way today. I KNOW I look and feel better, more toned and more energy, I don't need a scale to tell me that!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    After awhile you won't even miss it!! I haven't weighed myself in over 2 months, but I see such a difference in my body! Good Luck!!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Same here! I think I will actually donate mine to Goodwill. So far, I have been good about only weighing in every few weeks but that is because I have it tucked away in the back of the bathroom closet. In August, I start working a trainer. Last time I did that, I lost a ton of inches, but the scale never budged.

Good for you!!
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%! I have never let the scale tell me how much I am worth. I just never did play that game, and I have tried to help others who still let the scale have so much power over them. If my clothes are getting looser, and I am exercising and eating healthy, then who cares what the scale thinks? It is an indicator of weight and nothing else - not blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, and many other things that are much more important.
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the support!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!