Terrified of Failure.

Options
I am a little over one month in to MFP, eating less, and being really active. So far, I have loved it and have felt encouraged and excited. Though my ticker says nine pounds lost, I have actually lost 12 in this first month, which I feel really good about. BUT, this past weekend, I dined out three nights in a row (one being a very large meal where I consumed more than 1500 calories, the other two were met with self control in terms of caloric intake) but I know I consumed A LOT of sodium, because over those days, I gained four pounds of water weight.

I know it's just water and it will come off easy, especially if I drink lots of water, but I also hurt my big toe on Friday, I think from sooooo much running and walking. I let it rest a couple of days, then ran again this morning and it hurts just as much as before. I can barely hobble around. That horrible part is, I walk everywhere because I live in the city and don't have a car.

So is my toe going to be perpetually injured? Am I just going to be on a cycle of rest and injury? Or will I lay off exercise for a month and find I can't get back to my original enthusiasm? I don't want to give up. I want to keep going. I am so afraid of stopping.

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Failure will happen.

The important thing is to have a bigger fear of not starting over again the next morning.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Stuff happens along the way, that's life! Get right back to what you were doing cause it worked. Try activity like swimming or yoga that doesn't hurt your toe til its healed :). Good luck!
  • PrivateVenue
    PrivateVenue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do your best! I suggest getting your nutrition under control first. It's best to make small changes so you'll stick with it. Plus, it's a lot easier to eat less than exercise 1500 calories off in one day.

Don't be afraid. You can do this. Even though I've lost a fair amount of weight, I get discouraged. So I have to take a different approach to see my success. Taking measurements, putting on my wedding, prom, and homecoming dresses, looking at mybodygallery.com to see how I WILL look someday.

If you don't do it now, it will get harder. Even if you only gain five pounds in a year, you could lose ten or twenty times that in that same year.