A Couple of NSVs

I have been on my weight loss journey since November 1, 2010 after seeing a picture of myself on our family vacation. When I picked out the dress I had on I thought I looked pretty good in it, but lets just say the camera doesn't lie! Anyway, my first NSV today is I calculated what my BMI was then (28.9) and was in the overweight catagory. I then calculated my BMI for today (23.6) and am now at an average for my height! I mean I probably haven't been in the normal BMI range since my very early 20s.

My second is a jogging NSV, but to understand that I need to explain a little about myself. I am 37 years old and have lived with asthma pretty much all my life although I wasn't diagnosed until I was 4 (they just didn't know what was wrong with me before). So, I was the sickly little girl who couldn't gain weight and couldn't do sports because if I over exerted myself I just went into a full blown asthma attack. Anyway, when I started my journey, my asthma had been under pretty good control for about 5 years. I still had to use an inhaler from time to time, but nothing like before. Anyway, I was determined that once I got used to a new way of eating and taking care of myself that I would start exercising. I started out walking and it was great, but about a month ago I realized that just wasn't enough anymore. I tried the Couch to 5k program, but didn't stick with it because it just wasn't right for me. I felt like I could do more. So, on my own about three weeks ago, I started jogging around my neighborhood. Now I had to use my inhaler quite a bit at first. I mean I've never been a runner so my lungs were in SHOCK! Anyway, here is my jogging NSV, today I jogged a whole mile before I needed to use it and then did another half mile without it!
For those of you who made it this far in my rambling, THANKS!
I'm just so excited and proud of myself that I had to share it!

Replies

• kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Awesome! Both great NSVs!! :smile:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Great accomplishment!!
  • gobunkos
    gobunkos Posts: 36 Member
    Although I've been using this site since January I'm still a newbie. Not to sound too ignorant, but what does "NSV" stand for?
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    AMAZING!!

So proud of you.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Awesome job! Keep up with the running. Your lungs will get used to the activity and you'll be running marathons! So proud of you! :) Keep it up!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Although I've been using this site since January I'm still a newbie. Not to sound too ignorant, but what does "NSV" stand for?

It stands for "non-scale victory'

Those lovely moments that are unrelated to the number on the scale.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member

Non-Scale-Victory
  • thejeweller
    thejeweller Posts: 6 Member
    that's great! congrats!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Hurray for you! That's just fantabulous. You deserve to be really proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!