Down from a size 18/20 to a size 8 in 6 months!!!!

Options
lauras777
lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
So I'm not done yet...still have a ways to go actually, but this was a good weekend for shopping NSV's! I've posted before about lower sizes that I've been able to fit into, but this one was a shocker for me! I have just recently been able to shop in the "regular" section in the stores, not the "women's" which was exciting just for that! But when I go to "try" on a new size and see if it actually might fit, I had no idea that I could fit into a size 8 already!! I'm ecstatic!!! :happy:

I started at 217 last year - started MFP at 205 in January, and today I'm at 176.5, still have some pounds to lose, but as far as clothing sizes I couldn't be happier with my progress so far, and looking forward to see where I'll be when I reach my goal weight!!!!!

Definately incentive to keep on keeping on!! :drinker:

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep up the good work. You're a good example.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Are you talking UK or US sizes?
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    wooohooo W2G!! Congrats and keep up the great work.
  • lauras777
    Options
    US sizes.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job! I recently had my first experience shopping NOT IN THE PLUS SIZE and it's very exciting! I think I could fit into smaller sizes if I could budge the roll off my tummy ... ickkk.
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! Congrats!!!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    How did you do it?
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling? Did you do a little dance in the fitting room?
  • lauras777
    Options
    That dang tummy is my problem too! :grumble: Hoping it will disappear soon!!! :wink:
  • FavorKreations
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!!
  • lauras777
    Options
    How did you do it?

Just sticking to my calories (I've been set at 1200 since I started) and exercise 6 days a week....nothing crazy, either walking/jogging/ or eliptical. Most of the time I did it for an hour, but sometimes just half an hour.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! There is nothing more fun than going shopping and having to go to the smaller sections!
  • lauras777
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't that a great feeling? Did you do a little dance in the fitting room?

Why yes, I did!! Were you watching me? :laugh:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Wow, so very awesome. I'm so impressed :)
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You must be pretty tall. I started at 212.6 & I am 165 right now, went from a size 18/20 down to a 10 but I am only 5'2...It is totally an amazing feeling. I still have about 29 lbs to go and then I am going to reassess my goals but I also haven't been pushing myself as hard, I have been so lazy. I know what to do, I just got to do it!

Congrats to you!
  • jennakrysteen
    Options
    that is awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You must be feeling on top of the world! Congratulations!
  • s_lucia
    s_lucia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Good for you - and definitely an inspiration!! Way to go and keep up the good work!! :D
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options
    Way to go!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!