who watches "biggest loser"

Options
13»

Replies

• Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You can watch episodes online at nbc.com

Yea... Hulu.com has them too. Only problem is you have to wait a week after it airs before you see it online. I used to watch online, but everyone around me always spoils the episodes so I switched to watching it on TV. I still have to get my converter box before next tuesday. lol

BL is the only show I actually watch on TV, all other shows I watch online. :laugh: :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge closet fan. I say closet because I'm not allowed to admit it around my husband. Gets me motivated and dang, wish I had 6 hours to spend in the gym with trainers, top doctors & nutritionists.
    One thing I'd like to see more of is the agony after the workouts - when they are sitting getting physio for all their aches and pains. That way people actually know what goes into losing 100+ pounds.

You mean the puking, screaming and crying aren't enough for you?? LOL - I hear you though. last season they accually did show a couple of times when they were sitting with ice packs on their shins, etc.

LOL - Absolutely NOT! I need more of the guts and gore :sick: and less of the shiny happy people.:tongue:

I love Bob and have fast fallen out of love with Jill. She's just a hypocrite. Want to see her peddling her new diet pill on BL... I'm sure they will let her because she is just wildly popular.

Everyday - yes!! I'm in! Although I will lose because I can't lose a dang pound no matter what I do!

Her new diet pill??? What is this??

Edit: I was shocked to read that line - thought you must have been mistaken. But 5 mins on Google proved me wrong. http://www.twirlit.com/2009/09/03/shame-on-you-jillian-michaels/
    I am very upset by this - every article I've read about her indicates that she would be totally against this kind of thing. Bummer!
  • everyday
    Options
    Edit: I was shocked to read that line - thought you must have been mistaken. But 5 mins on Google proved me wrong. http://www.twirlit.com/2009/09/03/shame-on-you-jillian-michaels/
    I am very upset by this - every article I've read about her indicates that she would be totally against this kind of thing. Bummer!
    [/quote]

Same here... very disappointing! I guess the BIG $$$ is more important than her integrity!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I watch it when I catch it on. I really liked the Dance your *kitten* off show on oxygen. The season just ended but the show was very good.
  • Shelley130
    Options
    I also thought you had to be mistaken about the diet pills.... to my utter shock and dismay you were right :frown: I am so disappointed :cry:

I guess that means I will be "Team Bob" this year. :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I love and hate this show.

I love it because it motivates people out there, and it really does do some good work for the community. And of course I love seeing people lose weight in a controlled environment with health professionals available to them to guide them and help them along.

I hate the show because many "uninformed" people out there tend to think that this is the norm for people, and losing 2, 3, 5, or 10 lbs a week is normal and attainable for us as regular schmoes.
    I also hate the show because it peddles products that aren't necessarily the best options for people on a specific, low calorie diet.
    And I hate this show because it doesn't explain why people are doing some of the things they are doing, both with eating and exercising.

Like not explaining why these guys CAN be on an ultra low calorie diet and not develop issues (they can because they are morbidly obese and under a doctors supervision), or like not explaining why the trainers can push these people well beyond what would normally be considered safe (they can do this because there are paramedics at the ready with this show, and can quickly stabilize and transport these people to the hospital if need be).

IMHO a disclaimer flashed on the screen at the beginning of the show isn't enough, the trainers NEED to go in front of the camera and explain what's happening, else you, me, and everyone else out there get's the impression that they can mimic these techniques and not risk their life.

I realize that Bob and Jillian are doing the best they can under the strict guidelines of corporate America and the all mighty dollar, but sometimes I become extremely frustrated with the show. That isn't to say I won't watch every episode though :tongue: .
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    What he said. . .

I have a total love/hate relationship with the show.

I love that they show big people doing really athletic stuff. I hate it when I hear people say. . ."I wish I could go to spinning, but I'm waiting to get smaller" when I see them in the locker room at the gym. I always say "start coming to spin, and you will get smaller", and inform them that I started forty pounds ago.

I HATE the commercials masquerading as "trainer tips". Thank god for my tivo, as I'm able to watch the two hour show in about an hour and fifteen by fast forwarding.

I enjoy that over the past few seasons, they seem to be starting to address the issues of why people are heavy in the first place, and realize that they have to work through issues as well as work out and diet.

edited to add: Jillian has totally lost me if she has a diet pill. Blergh.

but, I'll still watch every flippin' episode.:tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    What he said. . .

I love that they show big people doing really athletic stuff. I hate it when I hear people say. . ."I wish I could go to spinning, but I'm waiting to get smaller" when I see them in the locker room at the gym. I always say "start coming to spin, and you will get smaller", and inform them that I started forty pounds ago.

I HATE the commercials masquerading as "trainer tips". Thank god for my tivo, as I'm able to watch the two hour show in about an hour and fifteen by fast forwarding.

I enjoy that over the past few seasons, they seem to be starting to address the issues of why people are heavy in the first place, and realize that they have to work through issues as well as work out and diet.

LOL, Viv, would your avatar be described as... Fedorayoga?

or maybe

warriorinafedora?
    :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    What he said. . .

LOL, Viv, would your avatar be described as... Fedorayoga?

or maybe

warriorinafedora?
    :bigsmile:

It's actually floppier than it looks. . .hey, I burn easily and I was in the badlands. And I prefer floppyhatwarrior. :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge closet fan. I say closet because I'm not allowed to admit it around my husband. Gets me motivated and dang, wish I had 6 hours to spend in the gym with trainers, top doctors & nutritionists.
    One thing I'd like to see more of is the agony after the workouts - when they are sitting getting physio for all their aches and pains. That way people actually know what goes into losing 100+ pounds.

You mean the puking, screaming and crying aren't enough for you?? LOL - I hear you though. last season they accually did show a couple of times when they were sitting with ice packs on their shins, etc.

LOL - Absolutely NOT! I need more of the guts and gore :sick: and less of the shiny happy people.:tongue:

I love Bob and have fast fallen out of love with Jill. She's just a hypocrite. Want to see her peddling her new diet pill on BL... I'm sure they will let her because she is just wildly popular.

Everyday - yes!! I'm in! Although I will lose because I can't lose a dang pound no matter what I do!

:mad: :mad: I KNOW RIGHT?!!!:mad: :mad:
    I posted about this after the weekend I spent in Vermont. I'm in Montreal and we don't get all the "diet pills" you all have for sale in the States. So I'm walking through Kmart looking to buy a Kite for my 3 year old, and I see Jill standing there selling her new "magic pill" . I was so ticked off. Well, Actually I went through all the steps... Amazement, Shock, disbelief... I felt cheated on!
    Man I loved her so much I promised to get her as part of a three-some for my 40th birthday!!:smokin: :laugh:
    Now... I'll have to fantasize about Bob...
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

:mad: :mad: I KNOW RIGHT?!!!:mad: :mad:
    I posted about this after the weekend I spent in Vermont. I'm in Montreal and we don't get all the "diet pills" you all have for sale in the States. So I'm walking through Kmart looking to buy a Kite for my 3 year old, and I see Jill standing there selling her new "magic pill" . I was so ticked off. Well, Actually I went through all the steps... Amazement, Shock, disbelief... I felt cheated on!
    Man I loved her so much I promised to get her as part of a three-some for my 40th birthday!!:smokin: :laugh:
    Now... I'll have to fantasize about Bob...

LOL - Mojo. That's kinda funny :tongue: Yup - I even saw where you can buy them at GNC. I'm so disappointed in her. There will be lot's of Bob fans this year!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    WOW!

I had been listening to her radio show all summer and she had been talking about a line of supplements that would be coming out. I thought 'awesome, she's putting out stuff like vitamins and whatnot'

Never did I expect a freaking DIET pill. I'm so dissapointed... I really looked up to her. :mad:
  • everyday
    Options
    Saw JM magic pill display today ....too sad :cry: :cry:

mojo :laugh:

mt Thought I'd never say it... Bobby boy here I come!

lizagna ditto... I DID admire her for fighting for the healthy way to lose weight...
  • She took the wrong turn. Greed gets to her. I thought she 's smarter than this.
    Now she 's damaging her reputation...
    and Big losers has no choice but to kick her out of the show.
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I love the show and had NO clue that Jillian was peddling diet pills:mad: That totally goes against everything they have said on previous years. I thought it was supposed to be about hardwork, dedication and eating right. Now I'm going to be thinking that her team is always winning because she gives them her miracle drug. Definitely a Bob team fan this year.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i watch biggest loser, and i love the show. i can't wait for the new season to start.
  • Philde04
    Options
    I LOVE Biggest Loser... I'm so glad it's starting next week... It inspires me sooo much!! I lost 15 lbs a few months ago and have gained 10 of it back b/c I have not been tracking my calories and have just been eating bad foods. I am starting over fresh Monday and I couldn't have chosen a better time with BL starting on Tuesday..... YAY!!! I know I can get these last 35 lbs off!!!!