Workout Routine Question

Options
So I want to incorporate some sort of routine after my cardio workout.... right now I go to the gym 5 - 6 times a week and do cardio (elliptical 30 - 40 mins) everytime and some days I do lat pull down and rows I am rehabbing an injured shoulder... I'm ready to incorporate an all encompassing routine now.. So can some of you give me some sample weekly routines that you do and what muscle groups you work on which day and things of that nature?? Just looking for some ideas.. I'm still trying to lose weight and now want to tone up more...

Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    A basic full body routine performed 3 times per week would be a good start, but I would be careful with pressing movements (especially bench press) considering your shoulder issue. You would be better of doing push ups instead as they allow free movement of the scapula.

I would definitely add in some face pulls which are a great shoulder rehab exercise, google that for how to do them.

Something simple such as
    Deadlift
    Rear foot elevated split squat
    Face pulls
    Push ups
    Keep doing the pulling and rowing you do currently.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week and do weight training on opposite days. My routine for this week looks like this:
    Monday: Upper body and core/abs followed by 30 minutes of treadmill walking
    Tuesday: Run plus stretching
    Wednesday: Lower body and core/abs followed by 30 minutes of walking
    Thursday: Run plus stretching
    Friday: Same as Monday
    Saturday: Long run
    Sunday: Rest or some light cardio and stretching

The following week I will work lower body twice and upper body once
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So I want to incorporate some sort of routine after my cardio workout.... right now I go to the gym 5 - 6 times a week and do cardio (elliptical 30 - 40 mins) everytime and some days I do lat pull down and rows I am rehabbing an injured shoulder... I'm ready to incorporate an all encompassing routine now.. So can some of you give me some sample weekly routines that you do and what muscle groups you work on which day and things of that nature?? Just looking for some ideas.. I'm still trying to lose weight and now want to tone up more...

So what muscle groups should I work together.. is it chest / back, legs / arms??? this is where I get confused..
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options

So what muscle groups should I work together.. is it chest / back, legs / arms??? this is where I get confused..

I do all upper body one day - chest, shoulders, bis, tris, back... but previous when I went to a person trainer, one day I would do Chest and tris, another day back and bis, another day shoulders and abs, and then legs, all on separate days. Depends what you are looking to do/what goals you want to achieve.