where should i go??

Options
Twilightsunflower
Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
so here in the next few years my husband and i want to start going around the country and seeing the sites.... i know of a few... but im wondering what yall think are must go places....

doesnt have to be famouse... just some place you think everyone should go to before they die

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Which country?
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    any and all.... mostly thinking US but i like the idea of travling all over the world :)
  • DanielJPatton
    Options
    We've been across the US a couple times and have not stopped anywhere. So some sites in the US would be great. But for the future outside the US would be great, for example, we want to go to Ireland at some point :)
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    San Francisco
    Las Vegas
    Los Angeles/Hollywood/Disneyland
    Denver
    Montana/Yellowstone/Glacier
    Seattle
    Washington DC
    NYC
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sedona Arizona. Beautiful red rocks!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    San Francisco for sure but also New York, if you've never been they will blow you mind!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    do you like wacky stuff, historical, nature, beach, city...??

San Francisco is nice for just a getaway city

Pismo Beach in CA

Grand Canyon

Alaska or Canada for the Northern Lights
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The most beautiful place I have been in my life is Sacred Falls on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii. It is a 2.5 mile hike to the falls, but when you get there, you forget about all that. You can stand under the falls, swim in the lagoon and climb the rocks to the lagoon up above... it is the most spectacular place I have ever been.
  • bailyc
    bailyc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Glacier National Park!! The most beautiful place I have EVER been!! but its in my back yard so i am biased.
  • sonamon
    sonamon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, it is amazing.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    San Francisco for sure but also New York, if you've never been they will blow you mind!

This is a great response! I personally LOVE the coastal destinations! East and west, both good. I fell in love with Boston when I rode my motorcycle there from Vancouver BC a few summers ago, but also pretty much anywhere in California is super awesome IMO

good luck!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Dunns River Falls Jamaica :heart:
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Washington DC is a must! Key west is nice, Cooperstown(if you are a baseball fan MLB HOF), Cinninati is a great city with lots to do!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    mardi gras in nola
  • DanielJPatton
    Options
    Sedona Arizona. Beautiful red rocks!

A lady at the Doctor's office mentioned Sedona today, out of context of this topic even, so that concludes it must be an awesome place to visit :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Graceland
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Avon, NC! That's where we honeymooned. It's beautiful! And the beaches aren't crowded. I love the ocean, or any water for that matter. Hmmm...might be time for vacation!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, it is amazing.

I agree, everyone goes to the Grand Canyon, so it tends to be a lot more crowded. Bryce canyon is much more colorful.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If you go to Cali, be sure to drive the Pacific Coast Highway...I haven't done the whole state, but I have gone from Santa Barbara to San Fransico on it! Amazing!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Yosemite National Park in california!!! its wonderful this time of year!!! weather is perfect!!

I should know...i live there!