Is anyone crazy like me

Options
And trying to quit smoking on top of eating right & exercising?
This is day #3 for cigarettes and #4 for healthy life changes.
I feel like I want to clean out the vending machine at work and strangle anyone who gets in my way!
Just checking to see if anyone out there is going through this or previously went through this and could give some pointers to not lose my mind :)

Replies

• barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Quit smoking a few months ago and started the weight loss a few weeks after that. I found weeks 3-6 to be particularly bad. I'm a generally positive person, but I was downright homicidal!

I recommend telling people what is going on. I literally started every conversation at work with, "I just quit smoking so I apologize in advance for the eye rolling and *****y comments." People were generally supportive although my boss found it easier to just avoid me for several weeks.

Of course gum, mints and such helps. Also, lots of positive self talk. This is a hard thing you are doing, but so worth it! Feel free to friend me and I will be glad to encourage you.

It does get better!!!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I did! I quit 5 months ago and started the new healthy lifestyle as well. It was rough for awhile but I am feeling great now!

Good luck!

You can do this!
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    YES!!! Quit smoking a few months ago and started the weight loss a few weeks after that. I found weeks 3-6 to be particularly bad. I'm a generally positive person, but I was downright homicidal!

I recommend telling people what is going on. I literally started every conversation at work with, "I just quit smoking so I apologize in advance for the eye rolling and *****y comments." People were generally supportive although my boss found it easier to just avoid me for several weeks.

Of course gum, mints and such helps. Also, lots of positive self talk. This is a hard thing you are doing, but so worth it! Feel free to friend me and I will be glad to encourage you.

It does get better!!!

Thank you so much! Today is my first day at work and actually out of the house all together since Friday lol. I kinda locked myself indoors to get the initial quit days over with. I told all my coworkers and they're going to keep an eye on me and probably steer clear of me lol. Last night was the worst. Tossed and turned. Totally restless and negative. And like you, i'm always a positive person lol. Thank you for the tips and encouragement!!! I'm sending a friend request now :) And congrats on your quitting/weight loss!! It gives me hope!
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    I did! I quit 5 months ago and started the new healthy lifestyle as well. It was rough for awhile but I am feeling great now!

Good luck!

You can do this!

Thank you so much! Congrats on your success as well :)
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was never a heavy smoker at all, but I found it easier to lose weight first and when I was well into my loss naturally the way they tasted started getting worse and I "felt to healthy to smoke" so to speak, it was no longer something I felt like I needed to hang onto and just didn't buy another pack one day when I ran out (took me like 4 days to go through one anyway), almost 2 weeks and going strong! You can do it
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to stop smoking!!!

The good news is, after 3 days, you are officially over the physical withdrawl!!

The bad news is that you now need to fight your mind for control.

Take each hour as it comes, it will get easier to fight the mental cravings. Setting up a great workout schedule will help combat the cravings. You'll get your "happy" from fitness instead of nicotine!