Is this a good heart rate monitor?

Options
Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor
I found this on amazon and was wondering if this was a good heart rate monitor. If not what is?(under $50 if possible)

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you want it to count calories then no, it's not.

Look for the Polar FT4.. it's one step up and will run you around 60 or so dollars on Amazon.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I found this on amazon and was wondering if this was a good heart rate monitor. If not what is?(under $50 if possible)

bodytronics.com
    Polar FT4 or FT7 are great choices both close to what you're looking to spend. Use the code POP and you'll get a discount and they offer free shipping.. so all in all a fab site for picking up a Polar!

Have fun picking out a color you enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Up to a point you get what you pay for. I still have the older model F7's. One on my bike and one I wear while walking or mowing. They have been very accurate and I have had mine for years. I send mine to an authorized Polar repair shop when the batteries need replacing. I replace my own chest strap transmitter battery. I agree with the others the FT7's would be the lowest price model I would buy.
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options

bodytronics.com
    Polar FT4 or FT7 are great choices both close to what you're looking to spend. Use the code POP and you'll get a discount and they offer free shipping.. so all in all a fab site for picking up a Polar!

Have fun picking out a color you enjoy!:flowerforyou: