Any teachers or people off for summer? Need friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a stay-at-home mom/ substitute teacher trying to lose the weight before I go back to work full time. My youngest starts preschool this year, so I have 2 years to learn how to manage my diet and exercise before I start looking for full time work. Feel free to add me!
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I teach high school in Chicago and I started this at the end of the school year and I was really looking forward to having the summer off to focus on getting healthier. So far, so good! I had quite a few temptations in the lounge that I was able to pass up, but luckily I teach the older kids who don't send in sugary gifts (or any gifts, really, for that matter! LOL) so I don't have to deal with that!

I'm looking forward to making some new teacher friends to support each other throughout the summer and into the school year!
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi! I'm a teacher and the summer is easier for me. I've been exercising 6 days a week, sometimes 2 hours. I know that once school starts I won't be able to keep that schedule do to work, family etc. I'm changing grade levels and my baby is starting kinder so I'm already stressed out! :)

I'd love some teacher friends!! Feel free to add me!
  • welchc05
    welchc05 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am a teacher too! Want to make some serious progress this summer!
  • warwickww
    warwickww Posts: 2
    Options
    yikes I feel that I found the message board for me. I also am a teacher and like most of you do stress eating. I also like to eat when i'm bored so have gained 30 lbs in the last 2 years. I can stay focused for a week or so then fall back into old habits that are unhealthy. I want to focus on replacing those bad habits with good ones. So I am hoping as a group we can help each other.
  • dinellelou
    dinellelou Posts: 22
    Options
    What a great topic! I am a teacher too. Add me too:-)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Ex-teacher, now working on the admin side (Admissions at a private school). I want to lose weight before school starts in August, too. I can't believe it's July already!
  • Treesa44
    Treesa44 Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with you, summer is the hard part for me.... because my routine is not consistent!!! I am hoping this will aid in my motivation for the summer. Second day here... and I really like tracking EVERYTHING! Enjoy the time off ALL.... we deserve it!
  • LaurenPyrexx
    Options
    I'm home from uni for the summer, hoping to kick start some good habits now and roll them though next year. Fingers crossed I can stay motivated. Good luck to everyone else toning up over summer too!
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a professor and I'm hoping to make some decent progress over the summer before the insanity of the academic year begins again! Feel free to add me, and good luck to everyone over the summer!
  • kristyl_tift
    Options
    Hi Teachers (great posts by the way),

I'm a teacher and doctoral student and I have found that during the school year, it is difficult for me to stay on
    track with my eating habits. The plus is that the gym on campus offers great fitness classes that I attend regularly,
    such as Hip Hop Aerobics and Zumba (but during the summer I have to walk).

I love to snack and when I get stressed and anxious teaching classes and writing papers, I run to the snack mix or
    something sweet. I am hoping this summer will help me become more regimented with diet and exercise so that I can carry that into the fall. I will be taking my comprehensive exams in the spring and I don't want to be worried about my exterior while I am cramming information into my brain.

Best wishes on your journey,

K
  • skirtlongjacket
    skirtlongjacket Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm an SLP in a school, off for the summer except extended school year, which I'm seeing as a trial run for keeping up two fitness classes/week. All of you can add me! I like seeing motivated people when I log in!
  • craterlake
    craterlake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is easy for me to work out and eat right in the summertime, but when school starts there are temptations everywhere. Anyone have any tricks for the 3-4 p.m. time, when my energy is low, and I will eat anything with sugar to give myself an energy boost?
  • leannecando
    Options
    yes me 2, its hard i think to get a grip on both term time and holidays...but the change after 6 weeks of being off will be hard x
  • selanders
    selanders Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher! This summer has been great for my health - physical and mental! I am nervous for the start of the school year, because I know that I will be so much more busy and tired; I hope I can keep up with my healthy eating and exercise habits. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • karynsmith1
    Options
    It sounds like I'm in the same boat as you all. I'm a teacher too, and switching districts/grade levels this year so I'm really afraid that it will be even more difficult to lose weight/get healthier. Please feel free to add me...I'd love to have support and cohorts!

Karyn
  • Kellybeswitherick
    Options
    I'm an at home mom and I'm also using the summer to try and get healthy - different reasons than most people - just trying to get my life back after almost being taken out by a horrible illness that caused my brain to malfunction, confined me to my bed for several months and am now trying to regain strength and muscle mass that I lost from being bedridden. I would like to be well enough to work outside the home again, maybe in the fall, depending on how I progress.

Feel free to add me! I'm pretty new to the site and only have a couple friends on here. The support so far is amazing - even with only a couple friends!
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    I know the feeling. I am a special ed para professional.I super nervous about starting back.I will walk in the mornings and the evenings pretty much each. I have even stared the Couch to 5K on some mornings.I am stressing on how I will figure this all in. We go back in a litte over 2 weeks.:noway: So I am running through my head as to what to do.Feel free to add me. :happy: