FAST weight loss

SaraThePrincess
SaraThePrincess Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have any fast weight loss tips?

Check out my blog!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SaraThePrincess

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Sara, you're in the wrong place for that.
    Here we are all about steady, permanent, HEALTHY weight loss.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    craptastic gimmicky stuff = "fast" off

fast off = fast back on when you stop

:bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Sara, you're in the wrong place for that.
    Here we are all about steady, permanent, HEALTHY weight loss.

DITTO SORRY ONLY THE SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE:happy:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    We don't really have fast weight loss help.

But we sure have permanent weight loss tips!

Slow and steady wins the race!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    You can't get it fast and have it last!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    You can't get it fast and have it last!!

:flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That rhymes I like that
  • badgirllaughing
    badgirllaughing Posts: 30 Member
    Look weight fast??? and in 3 days???? just follow these easy steps...

sounds more like an advertisement then a blog. Every one knows that losing weight IS NOT EASY, it's a difficult struggle for everyone. I have fallen off the "wagon" as I like to say on more then one occassion but eventually i go as I start to feel horrible again. I love that energy that working out gives you, that spring in your step as you first hit that goal you have been trying to reach for so long...

I have fallen off the wagon yet again (overall since I have started I have gotten smaller every year but seem to hit those spring blues and gain in Jan) this time I just didn't go back. I forgot what my goals were for a little while.

So this year I start with 20 lbs more ..... I just have back stepped a few paces but determined to go forward again.. I hit my emotional wall and am looking for other outlets other then food. Take care and I wish everyone willpower to continue because in the end... IT IS WORTH EVERY STRIDE AND STEP IT TOOK YOU TO GET THERE... if everything came easy would we be so proud of accomplishing it???

status update: I have lost 40 lbs since I have started 4 years ago but was at 60lbs at the end of last summer.. *sigh*..
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Wrong place for fast weight loss but if you do want to see some results I would cut out fast food, junk food and pop. Replace it with fruit, water, and whole grain.
  • arewethereyet
    Did you read what was written about this "Fad Diet"??

"What It Is
    Surprisingly surviving the test of time, the 3 Day Diet is another fad diet, dating back to 1985. Copies of the "3 Day Diet" continue to float around cyberspace, promising quick weight loss, cleansing, lower cholesterol, and increased energy. However, no diet book exists to substantiate the science behind the "unique metabolic reaction."

Often mistakenly called The Cleveland Clinic Diet, the 3 Day Diet is a regimented plan that must be followed exactly for three days at a time, followed by normal eating for four or five days before opting to resume the plan again.

Followers of the 3 Day Diet are promised up to a 10 pound weight loss in three days, although realistically, most of that weight is likely due to fluid loss and not the more desirable fat loss. To achieve the proposed loss, exercise is not mentioned in the plan.

:heart: Now I will tell you MY experience with this diet. I ate the food to a T (my version also had beets...thus called the beets and icecream diet ) By the 3rd day I had a full blown migraine but I had come too far to stop now. I was promised 10 pounds and I would get them daggum it!

So the 3rd day followed the diet............on the 4th day she rested-in the hospital.

Had to have IV fluids pumped in my. (and yes, I drank 8 glasses of water as noted)

My personal doctor advised me ( after slapping me verbally upside the head) that this diet is used for HEART patients going under the knife and is to lower the bodies built up fluids that occur with heart conditions.

Soooooooooooooooooooo My advise is to lower your feed bag, and get a jog on.......you will lose weight and it will stay off this time!!

I lost 30 pounds in 6 months and have kept it off AND lost an additional 3 pounds I didnt plan on.

We are here for you!!:flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member

Soooooooooooooooooooo My advise is to lower your feed bag, and get a jog on.......you will lose weight and it will stay off this time!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • The weight didn't get on fast and its not going to come off fast. :smile:
  • Please excuse my wishful thinking. I know it is HARD work, and takes TIME. Sometimes people just need a little encouragement and new ideas to get results!

Also, my blog was not an "advertisement" it was and will be a blog of things I am trying...whether it works or not.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience on the beet and ice cream diet. I have not, knock on wood, had this problem.
  • In the past 4 months, I have lost 40 pounds, and I consider that pretty fast weight loss. I do not know if this "fast" weight loss will last, because I have never had this kind of experience before. The first month alone I lost 15 lbs. Here is what I did that first month:

I simply followed the slim fast plan: a slim fast bar for breakfast, another for lunch, and a "sensible" dinner. To me, "sensible" dinner is less than 600 calories. You are allowed a couple of snacks with no more than 200 calories each.

I also walked/jogged for at least ten minutes a day during the first 2 weeks, but then I hurt my ankle and quit.
  • arewethereyet
    Please excuse my wishful thinking. I know it is HARD work, and takes TIME. Sometimes people just need a little encouragement and new ideas to get results!

Also, my blog was not an "advertisement" it was and will be a blog of things I am trying...whether it works or not.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience on the beet and ice cream diet. I have not, knock on wood, had this problem.

Oh no! I didn't think you were selling!! I just wondered if you read the entire article.

I know you can do this.. Slow and steady wins the race. Stick with counting calories and exercising and you will do great!!
  • one other thing that helped:

At the same time I started my "diet," my husband and I started buying those frozen skillet meals. This was a great choice for us because the calories are controlled and the meals are easy to make (we had been in the habit of going out to eat 3-4 times a week!). This really helped me to keep track of how many calories I'm consuming. After the first week on the SF plan, I cut back on the snacks. Whereas the first week, I ate as much as the SF plan allowed, after that first week, I began to scale back my snacks to where, now, I might have one snack a day that is 50 calories. *shrug* I also no longer strictly stick to the SF plan. I do have a SF bar for breakfast because I like them with my coffee. But for lunch I usually make myself something more satisfying that uses the same amount of calories as a SF bar (220).

Oh, one other thing I didn't mention: my husband started dieting the same time I did, and that was a HUGE help because we got fat together, snacking and playing video games and drinking beer and energy drinks... heehee! it was fun :laugh: But since he was changing his habits too, I couldn't send him out to Sonic for some tasty jalepeno poppers anymore! :wink:
  • Thanks you guys! I do have Slim Fast! hehehe
  • In the past 4 months, I have lost 40 pounds, and I consider that pretty fast weight loss. I do not know if this "fast" weight loss will last, because I have never had this kind of experience before. The first month alone I lost 15 lbs. Here is what I did that first month:

I simply followed the slim fast plan: a slim fast bar for breakfast, another for lunch, and a "sensible" dinner. To me, "sensible" dinner is less than 600 calories. You are allowed a couple of snacks with no more than 200 calories each.

I also walked/jogged for at least ten minutes a day during the first 2 weeks, but then I hurt my ankle and quit.

CONGRATS!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Have you read the 4 day diet by Dr. Ian Smith? It seems to basically be calorie cycling. You may want to check that out.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Please excuse my wishful thinking. I know it is HARD work, and takes TIME. Sometimes people just need a little encouragement and new ideas to get results!

No, i do not think it's an advertisement. 3 days diet is around for at least 15 yrs and webmd is a very reliable and popular website. I do use it when I search for med symtoms

Op is sharing her experiencee as so many public blogs on mfp - weigh loss journal.

We are here to support each other and give advise when one asks for one

As my input on 3 days diet, of course any1 will lose weight on it since it's a low cal diet. Some of weigh loss is fat and some is water. 3 days is not long enough to damage the metabolism and can give someone a boot, quick weight loss, for a special ocasion, give confident and encourage to try lose weight.

Count down; 2 mores day be4 weight in, need to lose 2.5 lbs
This discussion has been closed.