Question/ Opinion Something......

Options
Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
I am an educational aide so I just started back to work this week. Summer was pretty laid back and fairly sedentary. I wear my pedometer nearly everyday and today I walked 11 miles a total of 21209 steps. I am exhausted and I am unsure if I should really try to eat all the calories it is telling me to eat. I normally have about 1250 calories and generally end up with about 1400 with walks and housework and such. But with that much walking it is telling me over 3000 calories. I just don't think I can do that. I don't mind going over if it is for a good reason but that seems to much. Or do you think that is why I am exhausted. That was done in 7 hours. What do you think?

Eve

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I am an educational aide so I just started back to work this week. Summer was pretty laid back and fairly sedentary. I wear my pedometer nearly everyday and today I walked 11 miles a total of 21209 steps. I am exhausted and I am unsure if I should really try to eat all the calories it is telling me to eat. I normally have about 1250 calories and generally end up with about 1400 with walks and housework and such. But with that much walking it is telling me over 3000 calories. I just don't think I can do that. I don't mind going over if it is for a good reason but that seems to much. Or do you think that is why I am exhausted. That was done in 7 hours. What do you think?

Eve
  • quazza
    Options
    go to bed and have some well diserved rest!
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would stick to around 1400 calories, but that's just me :)
    I would be exhausted too if I chased kids around for 11 miles a day!!!!!
  • hjcopeland
    hjcopeland Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's great that you get ghat much exercise in an average day at work! You can certainly afford to up your caloric intake, but I wouldn't shoot for 3000 just because the site says you should. Eat healthy, and eat until you feel full. If you do that and end up between 1500 and 2000, that's just extra weight that's coming off! Good Luck!
  • littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    just make sure you are eating enough. maybe add a couple of healthy snacks during your day, just to keep your metabolism and spirits up! :)
This discussion has been closed.