Favorite Sayings To Get You Through A Tough Workout

Options
13»

Replies

• doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper (don't remember the name of the actual person he was talking to) - "Then do it (insert name). Stop saying words. Quit talking! Im sick of words, words, words, talk, talk, talk. Shut the ***k up and DO it!"

Joelle in Season 6. I'm watching that season now. She was so pathetic! LOL love that show!
  • azztkk
    azztkk Posts: 26
    Options
    I just think of all the people who are unable due to medical or physical reasons to fight their way back to good health.

At least we still can ...
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    I can waste so much time on this site, on the internet, whatever. 15 minutes goes by so fast, but not always when I exercise. So when I am on the elliptical I usually segment the time in 15 minute increments, thinking "I can waste 15 minutes watching YouTube videos, it's no time at all." If I'm doing intervals, the hard stretches are 1 minute and I just say "I can do anything for 1 minute." Fill in whatever time works!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This first one combines two of my favs:
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body, and all that sweat is your fat, crying in fear of its life."

"The biggest failure is never to have tried in the first place. The second biggest failure is to quit before you've finished."

"Anything worth having is worth the effort put forth to obtain it."

"Today's resignation (to defeat) is tomorrow's regret."
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "Life is tough, but I'm tougher".

THIS gives me motivation!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper (don't remember the name of the actual person he was talking to) - "Then do it (insert name). Stop saying words. Quit talking! Im sick of words, words, words, talk, talk, talk. Shut the ***k up and DO it!"

Joelle in Season 6. I'm watching that season now. She was so pathetic! LOL love that show!

Ugggghhh! That's the last season I watched. The fact that they even let someone like that on the show ticked me off so bad that I couldn't watch it anymore. There were THOUSANDS of people who tried out to be on the show who REALLY wanted to be there. It irritated me that she got a shot and didn't appreciate it.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will. Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Interesting. I like that.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    you don't train to quit..you train to finish.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    haha i say that too..this might taste good but not as good as being skinny feels!! love it!
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Do not give up what you want most for what you want right now!

I use this phrase to get me through a lot! When I'm at the gym and feel like quitting or to find the strength to keep driving past that drive thru window. lol, I want a fit/toned and healthy body, a BK tendercrisp will not help me achieve that goal.