Really Tempted

Options

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Don't do it think of something you hate to eat when you walk by to curve your appetite or addiction
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above suggestions of sharing one with a coworker if you absolutely must have a donut. However, if they have been out for awhile, they will be a bit stale now and not nearly as tasty. Might not be worth it at this point. Tell yourself to skip it this time and then the next time there are donuts. split one while it's fresh :wink:
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wait 20 minutes and decide, you will decide not to.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wait 20 minutes and decide, you will decide not to.

So true
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That is the hardest! Someone set out a huge bag of reese's pieces on the table today. I gave in but only had one serving.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Aww, don't eat it. It has processed sugar and wheat. That's yucky for you, and hard to get rid of. :) Find something else.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That doughnut isn't gonna taste that good anyway...

So true!!!! Is the doughnut going to taste good enough to use so many of your calories?
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Watch all the other people eating the doughnuts and see how those people look. Especially if you see someone going back for seconds or thirds- I bet they are not fit looking! If you really need to eat something sweet, ANYTHING is better than a doughnut! Eat chocolate!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Be good!!! I always tell myself: a minute on the lips equal a lifetime on the hips! Not exactly true, but envisioning my already gargantuan thighs getting any bigger is a big deterrent for me. You can do it! Go grab a piece of fruit!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Just think how proud of yourself you will be when you DON'T have one!! Pat yourself on the back and keep moving! :drinker:
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    DOUGHNUTS ARE NASTY....IF YOU ARE GONNA CHEAT, DO IT RIGHT WITH AN ICE CREAM SUNDAE!! LOL - JUST KIDDING - YOU MUST RESIST!! :)
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If they have been sitting there since this morning, they only look good. You will hate yourself for doing it. Go drink a whole bottle of water and show yourself how non-hungry you are. NOTHING TASTES BETTER THAN THIN FEELS!!!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    NOTHING TASTES BETTER THAN THIN FEELS!!!!!

Wrong!

Doughnuts taste way better then feeling thin!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I always think a donut will be better than it really is, to the point that I compare it to the 'ideal man': everyone thinks they might be a certain way, but sometimes you try one, and it just isn't quite a s good as you had hoped for--!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I would eat it, or maybe half of it. Then I am less likely to cheat later. I've been taking a much different approach than I started with, I try and give in to my cravings a little bit so I am not feeling like I am deprived of some treats every once and a while.

That's what planned cheat meals or cheat days are for. I use cheat meals, although I didn't before, because like you said, I would feel deprived and then cave. Planning a cheat meal at the same time each week makes you be good and work for it. It's a much better feeling knowing you EARNED that burger and fries than just giving in to temptation when it gets too hard. This is, of course, what works for ME.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The longer you resist the slaler that donut is getting. You say it's been there since morning? Totally stale already!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Resist the evil! ;) LOL. Seriously though.... IF you see yourself giving in.... and if you can do this...... and stick to it...when I have been doing great on the willpower, but crave something... I seriously have done something like cut off a tiny corner of a treat....( as in, 1/16 of the whole thing or less) just to have the * taste*...and yes...log it as accuratally as you can.

For me, that generally has gotten rid of the craving, and most of the time, the thing i've been eyeing doesn't even taste nearly as good as it looked....But if you think it will tempt you instead to scarf the whole thing down, try to find something healthy that will satisfy.... even nuts if you are not allergic are great as long as you count in the fat...they fill you up, just have to be careful on your portions :).....if you are craving chocolate, a tbsp of dark chocolate chips eaten one by one goes a long way and satisfies :) A chocolate protein powder smoothie is great too!
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's the neat thing about this program... You get to choose between the pros and cons of the donut, and the pros and cons of a large dinner... If you choose the donut (which I don't think you will since you've turned to us, your fitness pals), it does not mean you've "blown your diet"! All the best!:flowerforyou:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Be strong. Tell yourself how proud you'll be at the end of the day when you've resisted the temptation. I have a co-worker with chocolate hidden in her desk. I know it's there. Every day when I leave the office, I congratulate myself for not raiding her stash. There are actually some days I don't even think about it anymore. You can do it!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    DON'T CAVE!! Don't be me!! We had cake, A HUGE CAKE, in the breakroom and I went for it.. Ended up going over my cals by 400!!! be strong.. eat an orange.. or an apple!