Exercise cauging me to stall?

Options
So I just started c25k which I really enjoy but I have not budged on the scale. Could this be due to starting out an excerize regiment?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I just started c25k which I really enjoy but I have not budged on the scale. Could this be due to starting out an excerize regiment?

Welcome to the world of water weight caused by your body stores water to repair muscle. BTW, did you start to eat more when you started to exercise?
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Possibly, but just keep going and that will pass.
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    First off sorry for my misspelling my iPad as a mind of is own.

I ate back the calories that I burned that's what people have told me to do. Should I have not?
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    have you been taking measurements? I would bet you are gaining muscle mass, which will cause the scale to "stall" or even go up, but you will still be loosing inches, or improving your body composition. I used to eat back most of my caloriese after working out, and I found this didn't really help me at all. (I was still netting at least 1500-1600). If I found I was hungry after a workout, I just had my protein and a small snack.

It is all about finding out what works for your body, it is all trial and error really.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    have you been taking measurements? I would bet you are gaining muscle mass, which will cause the scale to "stall" or even go up, but you will still be loosing inches, or improving your body composition. I used to eat back most of my caloriese after working out, and I found this didn't really help me at all. (I was still netting at least 1500-1600). If I found I was hungry after a workout, I just had my protein and a small snack.

It is all about finding out what works for your body, it is all trial and error really.

She is NOT gaining muscle. First, women can only gain about 1/2 lb every two week and two, she is on a calorie deficit. You can't create mass from nothing (and nothing is what a calorie deficit is).

OP, if MFP is judging your exercise calories eat 50-75% of them or include exercise into your lifestyle calculation and don't eat them back. So instead of sedentary, you would be lightly or moderately active.
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Thanks :) do I need to change my settings in I put my own calories in? I chand it a slight amount from what MFP said I should be eating
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks :) do I need to change my settings in I put my own calories in? I chand it a slight amount from what MFP said I should be eating

You dont need to change your settings. You can eat back some of your exercise calories instead of changing your settings. It just gives you options.
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Oh okay thanks. I was told by someone to eat them all back but I think since I am not an avid running (img doing c25k) that I'd be better off not eating them all.