Help! 13 hour drive and I'm going solo

Options
2»

Replies

• kculp73
    kculp73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Gum, suckers and peppermints. The peppermints help keep you alert plus keep your mouth busy. I play little games with myself to see how long I can make them last...otherwise, I chop and move on. Good luck!
  • meredith2780
    Options
    Shakeology, boiled eggs, veggies, fruit. All that good stuff. :) I know how it is driving cross country. I've made several trips from Iowa to Boston. Happy travels.
  • mmaikisch
    mmaikisch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You've got a cooler! The world is your oyster, man.

Just enter everything into your diary as you load it in the cooler, and you'll know if you've made good choices.

That is a great idea thanks!
  • mmaikisch
    Options
    Fruits, veggies, lean meats like turkey, lo fat cheese strings, turkey jerkey, baked chips, because I NEED to munch when I drive, but I don't have the bread. And absolutely, some great music or a good book on cd or EReader to break up the boredom. Then I am less tempted to munch!

I did get 2 books on audio. I teach high school (boys :bigsmile: ) so I figured I may make use of the time in the car and listen to one or two of the novels.
  • mmaikisch
    Options
    I make the 920 mile drive to Cali with my two small boys all the time, and I actually find I don't snack much. I'll have a box of Cheerios sitting next to me that I may take a couple handfuls of the whole time and then some energy drinks. We typically drive overnight, and then stop for breakfast in the morning when we are a couple of hours away from our destination, though.

You are brave driving through the night. I have made the trip but never just my son and me. I aqm sure it will be fine. I am actually pretty excited about it.
  • mmaikisch
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Again, I love this site! :bigsmile: I packed the cooler and I am off to bed. Thanks again.