The Final Meltdown 9.9.09

Ileanak
Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi ladies.. I know, I know.... I dissappeared for a bit. I am absolutley dying at work. I have decided that this place has a secret death wish for me. Thank the powers that be, that my hubby isn't here to witness my long days, sleepless nights and newly developing corpal tunnel in my right wrist and hand. I think it may be stress in my neck, pinching my nerves, but I have a numb thumb almost 24/7 and while working, my pinky tingles. After the gym in the evening, things get better, but the thumb never gets feeling back.

I broke down and had a massage last weekend, and the therapist said that the knots in my neck and back were the cause. The cure?... more massages. Anyone know the winning lotto numbers?

Aside from that, I have eased up on the weights since I wasn't making any progress. So I gave myself a week and a half off on actualy weight lifting. I have added a couple of cardio classes at the gym (Gold's). The Body Attack class in 45 mins straight cardio and 15 abs work. I am drenched at the end, and I tried the Boot Camp class yesterday.... honestly, I thought I would strangle the instructor if she ever got withing arms length!!! That said, I'll go back tomorrow...lol

I hope my F.M. ladies are doing better that I have been. Sorry to have dissapeared for a bit. struggling with stress and hubby-less-ness has been taxing.... but I'm back!

ileana

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Glad to have you back I was starting to worry about you.

Our next goal date is 10/30. That gives us 8 weeks to work on our next goals, good luck to you on yours.

I did not do so good yesterday on cals or a workout. I was just having on of those days and starting TOM today is not helping me, but I am back on the wagon and feeling better. already making good food choices and will get some kind of workout in tonight.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    So for our next goal date - I just want to be at 80 pounds! No it's not much but it's something attainable. If I had to give up one of my exercises up it would be cardio not strength - I love that class - just got all new machines at the gym and I am going to do the orientation for it so I can start using those as a 3rd strength day....lleana glad you are back - sorry work is so stressful....for your hand/wrist - do you have a wrist rest for your mouse? - is it that hand? When I didn't have one I had problems with mine too but for years now with my little gel friend - it's been fine! It's like the keyboard wrist rest just small. Really really helped me.

I purposely went over on calories yesterday with no exercise - I am determined to get up to where I need to be in calories!!!! This diet mindset's gotta go - I can eat! Such a great thing!

Not sure if I'll get to do kick tonight - son has football with 20 minutes in between til baseball! We'll see - I told my family (selfish me) that I wasn't going to sacrifice everything I've done over the past year - we all have to compromise...nobody argued!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Good morning, all! Smadag, congrats on reaching your last goal! I missed mine by 4 lbs, but I'm still ok with my progress. My next goal?? I don't know, but I would really like to be at 75 lbs. lost. Kind of a big goal, but I guess I will see if I can do it! Everybody have a great day!
  • Ileanak
    lleana glad you are back - ....for your hand/wrist - do you have a wrist rest for your mouse? - is it that hand? When I didn't have one I had problems with mine too but for years now with my little gel friend - it's been fine! It's like the keyboard wrist rest just small. Really really helped me.

No, I think I may have to go pick one of those gel-thingies up after the gym tonight, thanks for the recommendation, Chrissy!

Smadag, you are my hero for making your goal! congrats

msh0530... 6lbs in 8 weeks! You are a goal oriented and focused woman! we can do this!

Since it looks like my hubby "may" be coming home for a mid-tour about that time, I think I had better be realistic in weight loss. I want to focus on a 4.5 lb loss, putting me at 173 lbs. Even when hitting the caloric and exercise goals, the weight is just sticking around. a 4.5 lb goal is going to be on heck of a push, but with your support, I know I can do it :)

Good luck to you all!

ileana
  • smadag1
    You know if you need anything we are here for you

I know for me 10 pounds in 8 weeks is a lofty goal but I want to be out oif the 160 as fast as I can. I am committed to stepping it up. Plus with my Wii and hopefully a wii fit soon I will blast past that goal
  • Ileanak
    with my Wii and hopefully a wii fit soon I will blast past that goal
    Have you tried the Wii Sports Resort? It looks so fun... I may break down and get it as a way to add to the wii fit "stuff"
  • smadag1
    No I have the Jillian Michaels one but I am not sure how much I like it
This discussion has been closed.