can anyone else not eat in heat?

Options
twiztc
twiztc Posts: 135
Its over thirty outside and some humidex on top. inside even with ac (which is struggling) I feel so friggin hot.

Haven't had any breakfast (no biggie as I only eat it at work) and I couldn't face lunch. All I have had is liquid.

I feel yukky and hope I can manage some dinner.

Does anyone else have this problem and what can I do to avoid this problem. when it cools down i know I'll be hungry when I'm trying to sleep.

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I get this way a lot... that's when I turn to a nice cold bowl of cereal or yogurt with fruit or something like that.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Oh yea, if it is too hot, my appetite goes right out the window. I usually try to make up my calories with extra ice cream :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I can't keep my calories up, I'm just not hungry when it's so hot and humid out. It's probably normal.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's almost 7 pm my time, I average 2000 cals daily and I'm barely over half that right now. I had to force myself to eat dinner. The heat kills my appetite and I get major headaches. Is it fall yet?
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I notice that im not hungry after i have a higher body temp (running). But I am STARVING after swimming (low body temp).
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Me too.

But as the UK has just had the wettest April, May & June since records began it's not kicked in yet.:ohwell:
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If 30C is too hot for you to eat, you'd be emaciated if you lived here. :laugh: It's been about 40C+ for the last week and no signs of it getting any cooler really.
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    If 30C is too hot for you to eat, you'd be emaciated if you lived here. :laugh: It's been about 40C+ for the last week and no signs of it getting any cooler really.

OMG!!!

with the humidex its supposed to feel about 35 - 38
    its now 7:49 and i just managed to force down only half my dinner and have got it on the side here and hoping i can pick at it for the rest of the evening.

as for ice cream, i cant eat milky products when its hot either :(( makes my stomach curdle when its hot. <boo hoo>

Oh well it makes up for my over eating yesterday ;)