Am I Skinny Fat? Or just Fat? I like honesty

Options

Replies

• JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are fat or skinny fat. You look to have some muscle tone in the belly. So I don't think your BF% is in the unhealthy range, although visceral fat cannot be determined based on appearance. Just keep exercising and eating at a slight calorie deficit, you should be able to lose more body fat. Add strength training to help preserve muscles.
    True true! I couldn't see the pic as well on my phone, but on my comp I can see it. I think even skinny fat is not quite right for you. Just skinny. lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You don't look like you have a high enough BF% to be fat or skinny fat. If you do, you certainly hide it very well. My guess is your BF% is in the healthy range. I think you look great, but if you feel flabby, then do some strength training to tone up. It's what you think that matters.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Many would love to be where you are.
    You can still wear a bikini and not invoke laughter or unkind comments.
    Seriously, you look good.
    But I am not the judge - you are. My opinion is for each of us to strive to be our very best.
    For you it might mean less actual weight loss and more fat loss.
    Lose a few pounds - say 10, then just keep a healthy diet and solid exercise program that drops body fat over time to around 20%.
    That's optimal.
    Good Luck :bigsmile:
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The pic comes up pretty small on my computer, but I wouldn't say you are skinny fat or fat. I think you look fine (and I don't mean fine in a negative way, but I feel weird telling you that you look great when you are clearly not feeling your best.) I will say that I'd like to look that good!!

Also, as an aside, I love that you say "skinny fat" because I say that and no one else has ever heard of that saying. And beer and sleep are also my favourite things. I think we're long lost twins. LOL
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine (apart froml the weird head on your pic!! ha hah a).

However, it is up to you. If you want to lose a little to feel happier in your form then do so .

But don't go crazy - you look ok!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I think you look fit. I agree with everyone that mentions weight training to continue to improve muscle tone. Not fat or skinny fat.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You are not fat or skinny fat - you have a squarer shape. Personally, I think you look great. You can always tone more if you want, but as I see it -- you look strong and healthy.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    You look great. What is your goal? Health or appearance or ? Health-wise, your numbers look terrific. Don't drive yourself nuts going for some Hollywood body. It's not realistic for 99% of us.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Work on weight training, not weight loss.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You guys are so kind, I was VERY, VERY nervous after I hit the send button.
    I went to have my biometric screening done and the nurse told me to be careful and to really watch my weight, that was about 15lbs and 6 months ago...Now to tone up!

I think your weight looks good, based on the bikini photo. You'll look better than most of the bikini wearers on the beach. Your plan to work on toning should add the finishing touch. I'm sure the nurse will be impressed with your improvement. I notice on your profile your goal is set to lose another 36 lbs. Judging from your photo, losing that much weight sounds like a bad idea.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You'll be a beautiful bride.
  • bradymeans
    bradymeans Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I definitely wouldn't say that you are fat in any way shape or form. If anything, if you did feel that way, you could just do strength training to tone. Good luck
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Just work on your body fat and that's likely what will you get the desired results.

Get a well trained person to measure your body fat with calipers. Then calculate your body fat percentage. Use these pictures to choose a goal range. Figure out how much fat loss is required to get the desired percentage. Make that your goal.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

Weight train to maintain your lean muscle mass and "tone".

Example: Suzy

Current WEight: 150
    Current BF %: 28
    Goal BF%: 21

fat = 150*.28 = 42 lbs
    Loss goal = 13 lbs
    End percentage = (42-13)/(150-13) = (29)/(137) = 21.1%
    End weight = 137

Make some sense?
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and weight and I would kill to have your belly and thin legs, you look great. If anything some strength training for tone but I think you look good as it is.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You look like what I used to. I thought I had to lose weight and now I am trying so hard to gain it back in form of muscle. I say start lifting a bit.
    DO NOT lose weight. You have a great start already. Don't do what I did. I so regret losing all my weight. You are NOT FAT. You're just right. Its crazy but its like looking at my old body. I'm 5'2" and I was 123-126, now I'm 107lbs. I got down to a scary 99lbs and now I'm desperately trying to gain!!!!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    You have a nice smile.

--P
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You're not fat or skinny fat but I'd say you're flabby. Just tone up. You asked and I told the truth.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I would say you just need to lose a few pounds, 10 maybe 15 tops. Increase your muscle tone. You look great, just need a little boost to get to super awesome!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The term skinny fat makes me want to drown kittens. You look fine. If you prefer more muscle tone, start lifting.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i am the QUEEN of being fat/overweight. personally? you look healthy. if your not happy with your body though, i wouldn't worry about losing weight per say, maybe do some toning to help you see what you want for yourself.

again, you look great just the way you are.
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    Hey there. I totally get it. I am a little shorter, weigh a tiny bit less, and struggle with what i see as well. HOWEVER, with my 5, 1.5" and 120, my body fat % comes out much higher at 28%. So while, yes, you look pretty good, I would say weight training and maybe some running is the answer for us girls! Good job on the loss!