Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Water: how much is too much?!

2»

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Is there such a thing as water poisoning - sure.
    Are you likely to get it - nope, not unless you're drinking gallons of it while running a marathon in 100 degree weather.
    So what is too much water? I suggest stopping when it starts filling up your lungs instead of your stomach.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Soo...

I hated water. Soo much!
    But now I love it.
    I've had over 2 liters.
    How much is too much? When do you burst?

Thanks guys!
    xoxo

you may feel like your eye balls are turning yellow, and your bladder may feel like it will burst...but you will be fine. I regularly drink 16-20oz per day and my urologist says that I am fine...if you are worried about possible electrolyte imbalances, use some gatorade, crystal light, or propel powder in every few liters ( I usually alternate plain water with diluted crystal light or propel) to replace your minerals...
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    I usually drink between 10-16 glasses a day.
    You don't pop, but you sure do have to pee a lot.

^^This. I have a 24oz sport bottle that I refill 3-4 times/day (sometimes 5-6 if I'm sweating more than usual for some reason). Keep in mind, though, that you are also getting some fluid from your food, so it's not necessary to drink more than the daily recommended. I do it because my throat and mouth dry out frequently (why, I do not know). I also drink 1 or 2 glasses of skim milk per day, which also contains water.
  • sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Superb thread. Thankyou. I have befn wondering. I drink loads. Or so I thought. :)