jillian michaels work out questions!

Options
QUESTION 1:
Hey there, soo I'm doing 30 DS, and today is day 7 L1. I normally do this work out first thing in the morning after I wake up but today I overslept and had to go straight to work. I plan to do it tonight after work but I was wondering if that is bad? Like will it be throwing my body off of a routine i guess? Or is it ok as long as I still do it?

QUESTION 2:
I bought a second Jillian Michaels DVD online yesterday. I believe its called "burn fat, boost metabolism."
I plan on incorporating it in about 3-4 times a week with my normal exercise regime, but has anyone else done this video (whether on its own or with something else)? And if so, what kind of realistic results did you see? Because the video claims that you can lose up to 5 pounds per week if done everyday. Is this realistic?

Anyone who isnt a friend of mine on mfp already can feel free to add me if wanting to give or recieve motivation or if doing the videos listed above. Thanks guys! :]

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Q1
    I don't think it matters to be honest.
    And it might do you good to change things up a bit.
    I workout all sorts of times.
    Doing it is the main thing, as you say.

As for Q2.
    No idea.

But I hope you get good results from it.

I'm certainly seeing results from the Shred already and am only on day 6!
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    Hello!
    Q1
    I don't think it matters to be honest.
    And it might do you good to change things up a bit.
    I workout all sorts of times.
    Doing it is the main thing, as you say.

As for Q2.
    No idea.

But I hope you get good results from it.

I'm certainly seeing results from the Shred already and am only on day 6!

Wow really? Thats fantastic! I havent really seen results yet except for increased endurance lol. What kind of results are you seeing? :]
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    I'm convinced I've measured wrong but I measured because I 'felt' smaller.

I've lost 4 inches all together.
    Arms lost an inch each!
    2 inches off my waist.

:O)
  • halliedoll
    Options
    geeze! In 6 days?! lol
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    geeze! In 6 days?! lol

I've nearly died three times LOL

I've stuck to it and worked as hard as I can and have cycled a bit and walked too.

I'm sure it's wrong but I like the numbers and it's spurring me on!! :O)

Let us know how you go.
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter when you work out. Just don't over due your body- too many high impact videos in one day you might really hurt yourself so be careful
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred & Banish Fat Boost Metabolism were my first two workout DVDs. Great combination, and I did exactly what you're planning - after starting 30DS, I wanted more, got BFBM & alternated the two every other day. BFBM is more cardio and it's longer, so I always found the two to be a great mix.

I've got a stack of 8 JM workout DVDs on my entertainment center now - I still rotate through them all from week to week. :smile:
  • laurenmdaley
    laurenmdaley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I got some quick results with 30 day shred too. No weight lost but also about 4 inches by day 8 or so. I'm finishing up level 1, starting level 2 later this week, excited to move on!

I don't think it matters what time of day you do the work out, just as long as you do it! I've started incorporating the no more trouble zones on a couple of days (ok only once so far, but planning on more!) which has a lot of the same moves as 30 DS (from all levels) but no cardio. It's 45 minutes and a killer!

I've not tried the burn fat, boost metabolism but please let me know if you lose 5 lbs in a week as I will definitely take that on when I get back from vacation!!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    Options
    I got some quick results with 30 day shred too. No weight lost but also about 4 inches by day 8 or so.

Maybe I am measuring right!!

Well done on this!
  • halliedoll
    Options
    I got some quick results with 30 day shred too. No weight lost but also about 4 inches by day 8 or so. I'm finishing up level 1, starting level 2 later this week, excited to move on!

I don't think it matters what time of day you do the work out, just as long as you do it! I've started incorporating the no more trouble zones on a couple of days (ok only once so far, but planning on more!) which has a lot of the same moves as 30 DS (from all levels) but no cardio. It's 45 minutes and a killer!

I've not tried the burn fat, boost metabolism but please let me know if you lose 5 lbs in a week as I will definitely take that on when I get back from vacation!!

WOW, another person who lost about 4 inches on L1 alone?! Thats crazy! It makes me wonder what im doing wrong to not see results like that! lol.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will certainly let you know if it works out for me :D haha
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have done the "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" dvd and I love it. I didn't record my results with it but I think it's a great cardio video and it makes me sweat!!! I also love her Ripped in 30 video. :) I've not tried the 30 Day Shred. Jackie Warner's videos are also really good for sculpting.
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Options
    I just bought 30 DS last night...can't wait to get started!!
  • KPopovski23
    KPopovski23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred! I switch up the the levels frequently and I think it's more effective that way. Believe it or not, level 2 is hardest! It kills me everytime I do it.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Question 1: Jillian's videos are only 20-30 minutes long. If you were doing a 2-hour workout and only leaving yourself 8-12 hours of rest in between, that might be troubling. But you should be fine with switching it up.
    Question 2: I own BFBM, and I like it, despite the poor production value. It's all cardio (my favorite), so you're not going to get as much of the strength-training as you did in 30DS. And it's also not in the pyramid 3-2-1 form, but it's got its own organization (you do every cycle twice, and there are 7 sets of these double-cycles). I didn't keep track of the weight I lost because I was interspersing it with my running/elliptical/bootcamp.

I recently started Ripped in 30, which is a lot like 30DS, but a little bit more intense. I've been doing 6Week6Pack as well, which I don't LOVE, but it's a good core-strength routine. Starting Extreme Shed and Shred soon.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    any jillian micheals dvd's get you results. banish fat is all cardio. i would mix it up with her other dvd "no more trouble zones" which is strength training. I got great results when I rotated those 2. good luck!
  • halliedoll
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :D
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    to your first question...

no, i don't believe that your routine will be thrown off at all. sure you're used to getting it over with early in the day, but you'll be great. you might even find it more impactful after a full day of work and errands. my fiance and i did the 30ds together and there were days where our schedules clashed but, i think, as long as you're doing it each day, the time that you work out shouldn't be negatively impactful on your workout. i never had a "regular" time each day, just whenever i could get it in.

as to the second......

i have a friend that finished 30ds and went into the one you just bought. she loled me the other day when she updated to all of her friends "I HAVE ABS". gaw, i love her. she's so sweet and inspirational. she says that the workout is tough but she's seeing results.

me? well, jillian scares me. no kidding.... i can feel her watching me and singeing me when i'm not pushing hard enough. she's a beast.... you'll do great and you're doing the right thing by just getting in there and giving it all you have.

we're going to start it again on the 10th. what can i say? i'm a masochist, he he he he.......
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    BFBM is primarily plyometrics and kickboxing. Its good workout! But I would alternate it wth strength training a few days a week for optimal results
  • adarna77
    adarna77 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also did research as to whether a morning workout or an afternoon workout is better for you. And apparently it doesnt matter so much. Morning workouts are convenient as most ppl tend to stick to it as its first thing in the morning and you dont have to contend with as many factors eg. coming home from a long day at work etc. However I also found out that afternoon workouts are better when your strength training as your muscles are more warmed up. I've noticed myself as I have a heart monitor that i tend to burn more calories in the afternoon.

Im doing JM's ripped in 30 and had tried 30 day shred also but didnt stick to it. I did some research recently and ppl had a lot better results with ripped in 30 and the workout does feel a lot tougher with ripped in 30. JM also has a meal plan for ripped in 30 as well to assist with you in your weight loss.

I also have banish fat & boost metabolism, i tried that DVD after months of no exercise and horrible eating bad idea!! its def a killer workout and something that i plan to do on Saturdays which I challenge myself to the point of exhaustion not that ripped in 30 doesnt already!!

Anyway im on my 4th day of ripped in 30 and have been following the 1400 calorie plan (was using my net diary hence no results showing on my profile) but I notice already that my clothes have started to fit a lil better im very curious to take my measures at the end of the week!!
  • teenytinybikini
    teenytinybikini Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    any jillian micheals dvd's get you results. banish fat is all cardio. i would mix it up with her other dvd "no more trouble zones" which is strength training. I got great results when I rotated those 2. good luck!

I do the banish fat and no more trouble zones on alternate days (5x per week). I've lost a dress size in 2 weeks - unfortunately I didn't measure myself but my trousers tell me it's working :)