Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Belly button piercing + pregnancy

kellybean14
kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
Hi all!

Does anyone have experience with getting a belly button piercing and then getting pregnant? Was it a horrible mistake (the piercing, not the little one! :laugh: )? Did it all go back to normal after you gave birth?

The reason I ask is because after I get to my goal weight I'm thinking about rewarding myself with a little torso glitter. I'm not planning on getting pregnant soon, but eventually I'd like to have a family.

Thanks for your input! :heart:

Replies

• kellybean14
    Ladies, I'm looking at you!!!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    You can get a flexible bar for pregnancy so you don't have to take it out. The belly button piercing closes up really quickly. Just be aware you can end up with a stretch mark through it, but I've just had mine re-done for the 3rd time, and it still looks good (IMO anyway).
  • kellybean14
    thanks doll ;)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Yup, just get a flexible bar. I never got around getting the flexible bar, so I took it out when my belly was getting big and the skin was getting thin over the bar. I didn't try to put it back after because my belly was not in shape enough to pull off the ring. I got pregnant again when my daughter was 9 months anyways. The area looks fine now, but I don't want one anymore.
  • Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    I have two belly button piercings...one at the top and one at the bottom, and both lasted really well through two pregnancies with HUGE weight gains both times. I just did what the other ladies have said, and used a flexi bar when my belly got big, and then once the bub was born, I put my normal ones back in.