I just want to say

Options
I started C25K this week and love it. Thanks to everyone that suggested it!

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    It is a great program. And I was shocked at how fast I improved. Good luck and have fun!:happy:
  • annaliza
    Options
    That's great!!! I loved that program!

You should come visit us at the MFP Runners club!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I have already run a 5K and a 10K (barely survived that one) but I let myself get lazy and haven't run in like 3-4 months. So today I begin anew....

wish me luck:bigsmile:
  • KatWood
    Options
    I'm starting today. I have already run a 5K and a 10K (barely survived that one) but I let myself get lazy and haven't run in like 3-4 months. So today I begin anew....

wish me luck:bigsmile:

I remember when you ran the 10K because you had us help pick out your photo right?
    How did you find the 10K? Did you run the whole thing straight? I am enrolled in a walk/run half marathon and as it gets closer I am becoming more nervous. I set a goal to complete it in 3hrs which for most people is very doable (maybe even easy). But I am worried I won't make it. I am a slow runner. My best time for 10.5 km is 1 hr 17mins, so I should be able to do 21km in 3hrs but I know that the second half will be a lot harder.

As for the couch to 5 K, I'm sure you will be able to pick running back up quickly.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Gratz! Isn't it great!

If you want to join in with a bunch of us - some quite new at the program - who are offering each other support come on over to this thread! We'd be happy to have you join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63330-couch-to-5k-anyone-we-start-on-monday
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    yeah that's right! :bigsmile: No, I did not run the whole 10K. I wanted to, I did run my whole 5K, but the 10K was a lot more challenging. It started on Crissy Field, we climbed up a big hill then ran across the Golden Gate bridge and back. (Which I now refer to as the longest bridge in the world :laugh: ) I just got back from my run, and it was definitely easier this time than the very first time. BUT my face is all red, and I was huffing and puffing. I can't wait till it eases up. I know it will.

You'll do great in your half. Is this your first one? Just enjoy the experience and be oh so proud that you completed it, that is much more important than the time on the clock.

I'm a really slow runner too, my 5K time was 38:43 and my 10K was 1:43:37.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing program! I had hope to be up to 5 miles by end of year - but now I'm already up to 4.5 - and could have kept going...I am so happy to say that I did it!

Luckyleprechaun - I haven't timed my 5k run in a while but I am right there with you - possibly even a little slower. seeing someone elses time makes me feel good - phew - thanks for posting!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    :wink:

I never timed myself until the day of the race, because I was all about just finishing it. It wasn't till later that I knew it was a fairly slow time:blushing: LOL. That made it a better experience for me because I felt a surge of excitement when I crossed the finish line (and not a feeling of disappointment.) If I had known I was slow, I might've been hard on myself, but like they say, ignorance is bliss!!:bigsmile:

same thing for my second race, I just wanted to finish it, didn't care about the time as long as I wasn't last. There was a point during it when I thought maybe I should just call my husband and have him come pick me up- but then I didn't allow myself to give up, I decided that even if I had to crawl, I was going to finish. Then all of a sudden, for the first time ever in my life, I experienced "second wind". Up till then, I thought it was bs. But I suddenly felt fresh and energized, and I turned it back on and ran the rest of the way to finish it up (probably the last 2 miles). I felt so proud that I didn't quit.

and THAT'S what it's all about!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Thanks Lucky!

Yes, it will be my first 1/2 marathon. Actually it is my first race period. I'm looking forward to it. I have been following a training schedule I found online. I completed 15.5kms on Saturday in just under 2hrs. I am hoping to do the 1/2 marathon in 3hrs but I am doing it with my mom and I don't want to leave her behind so we will see how it goes. I totally know what you mean about the second wind. Actually, it takes me a good 15mins before I catch my first wind :laugh:

If this one goes well I think I would like to enter a second one, preferably before it snows. Are all races to raise money for a charity? I want to enter another race but to be honest I don't want to have to hit up my friends and family again for money. Especially before the holidays.