feet numbness in cycling....HELP!

pinkissheek
pinkissheek Posts: 185
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I do a morning cycling class on Wed. and Fri, but I find myself having to stop and get feeling back in my feet every ten minutes or so....I'm not really sure why this happens...any good suggestions?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Stationary bikes? Wow, I dunno. I road-ride, did 10 miles this morning.

Tingly/numb feet is usually a circulation issue - your position is cutting off circulation to something down there. When I get tingle feet I just stand up on the pedals for a minute. Adjust my position a little. It usually works. :smile:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    If you clip into the bike, maybe your shoes are too tight? If you don't have the spin shoes, maybe the cage thingy (I don't know what it's called!) is too tight, this has been the culprit in many a tingly foot during spin!
  • Make sure your shoes are not tied too tight and also check your form as you ride. I do spinning class 2-3 times a week. Your feet should stay parallel to the floor as you pedal, don't point your toes downward and focus on making your legs do the work to pedal. Make sure you are sitting correctly with your glutes far back to engage your hamstrings as you pedal. You could also try buying the clip shoes, since they have a solid sole it gives you more stability as you pedal. Running shoes are not the best for cycling because the soles are too flexible and this can cause your feet to go numb.
  • thanks to everyone! i will definately take all those tips with me when i go again on friday morning...i did 12.4 miles by the way! so proud of myself! you guys are wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.