Too many carbs?

Options
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what a good limit is for carbs? I am not sure if MFP is a little too high if you are trying to lose the last 10. I am doing the lean version of P90X (so more cardio), and I am also running/ doing high impact aerobics 5-6 times a week as well. Currently I have adjusted my carbs to around 171 grams a day. MFP says I should consume 256 a day- but I am a little scared about taking in that many carbs. Does it sound like I am taking in too many? Most of my carbs are from vegetables and fruit- the only starchy carbs I have is oatmeal in the morning and a cup of brown rice with lunch.

Replies

• Bella151
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what a good limit is for carbs? I am not sure if MFP is a little too high if you are trying to lose the last 10. I am doing the lean version of P90X (so more cardio), and I am also running/ doing high impact aerobics 5-6 times a week as well. Currently I have adjusted my carbs to around 171 grams a day. MFP says I should consume 256 a day- but I am a little scared about taking in that many carbs. Does it sound like I am taking in too many? Most of my carbs are from vegetables and fruit- the only starchy carbs I have is oatmeal in the morning and a cup of brown rice with lunch.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I made my diary public, so if you would like to check it out, please do!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: You carbs to keep your body moving from the cardio you are doing. Good carbs keep you energy going and metabolism up!:smile:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I can't advise you on how many carbs to eat . but you can change the carb-fat-protein ratio under custom goals.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs to 50 grams or less per day...................

I actually try to stay as close to 0 as I can!!! But, that is just me.
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    Your carb intake looks great. You have nothing to worry about. All good carbs. Just keep at what you are doing.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with good carbs my dear. Nothing at all. They fuel the fires, especially if you're working out a lot.
  • Bella151
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i appreciate all your input and great advice, I feel so much better now!