Frustrated! Why do I continue to lose focus?

Options
Why do I struggle to stay focused and on track? I want so badly to feel healthy and fit yet I continue to sabotage my efforts. I find that I tell myself things like, " its been a tough week ... it's OK if you treat yourself every once in awhile". Problem with that is, its too often! I was so proud to have lost 15lbs and now I've gained 7 of those pounds back.

How can I stay motivated? So tired of this diet battle. ... I need motivation and less excuses to change my lifestyle. Can you offer me a few tips that have worked for you?

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Are you working out at all because I feel that goes hand in hand with the eating and keeps u motivated :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Find other things to treat yourself with besides food.
    Find other ways to de-stress after a tough week besides food.

Focus and motivation comes from within...why do you want to lose weight? What originally motivated you? Focus on that.

You can do it! :)
  • niciemetts
    niciemetts Posts: 49
    Options
    Why do I struggle to stay focused and on track? I want so badly to feel healthy and fit yet I continue to sabotage my efforts. I find that I tell myself things like, " its been a tough week ... it's OK if you treat yourself every once in awhile". Problem with that is, its too often! I was so proud to have lost 15lbs and now I've gained 7 of those pounds back.

How can I stay motivated? So tired of this diet battle. ... I need motivation and less excuses to change my lifestyle. Can you offer me a few tips that have worked for you?

I think you hit the nail on the head when you used the word "diet"..................diets are temporary........and after they are over you have to learn how to maintain the weight you have lost.......I have found things to treat myself like a couple squares of 85/15 chocolate.......whole wheat pasta.........prego light smart pasta sauce (whole jar only 250 calories), bryers carb smart ice cream 100 calories a bar........if you like beer.......try michelob ultra it only has 95 calories or miller light it only has 96........there are better options when you do want to treat yourself.......also when you go to a restaurant......go on their website ahead of time adn see what low calorie options they have.......this can keep you from ordering something high in calories and making you feel like you "failed"............its like preparing for battle.........you have to have all the tools to succeed and you have to know what the enemy strategy is.............enemy =high in calorie foods..............i can go out to eat anywhere and still keep my calories under 500 per meal........ good luck.........
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does