Carbs and carbs and carbs, oh, my!

Options
So I've been doing great and have hit a plateau of sorts (if a week without losing is a plateau?) but I'm fine with that since I'm still losing inches and clothes are getting looser and looser.
Last night I was at a rehearsal for my friend's musical (she's a HS band director). I thought it was from 4-6 pm. At 6 pm I'm getting ready to leave and someone yells, "Ok! Dinner break!"
Oops - it was a 4pm - 8pm complete run-through of the whole show.
At the break, the band parents take turns providing dinner for the musicians. I had to eat dinner, and my plans of going home and eating tuna fish and frozen veggies were sidetracked. So, I ate what was provided.
The menu?
Breadsticks (really fat, garlicky ones), lasagna, pasta with meat sauce, and macaroni and cheese!
I'm not kidding! Talk about carb-loading!
I took a little bit of everything and it was, of course, super-good.
Today at lunchtime I'm running 3.5 miles and then swimming, but I don't think even that will compensate for quite the whole amount from yesterday.
Yowza. I'm curious to see what happens in the next few days re: losing weight!

Replies

• melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So I've been doing great and have hit a plateau of sorts (if a week without losing is a plateau?) but I'm fine with that since I'm still losing inches and clothes are getting looser and looser.
    Last night I was at a rehearsal for my friend's musical (she's a HS band director). I thought it was from 4-6 pm. At 6 pm I'm getting ready to leave and someone yells, "Ok! Dinner break!"
    Oops - it was a 4pm - 8pm complete run-through of the whole show.
    At the break, the band parents take turns providing dinner for the musicians. I had to eat dinner, and my plans of going home and eating tuna fish and frozen veggies were sidetracked. So, I ate what was provided.
    The menu?
    Breadsticks (really fat, garlicky ones), lasagna, pasta with meat sauce, and macaroni and cheese!
    I'm not kidding! Talk about carb-loading!
    I took a little bit of everything and it was, of course, super-good.
    Today at lunchtime I'm running 3.5 miles and then swimming, but I don't think even that will compensate for quite the whole amount from yesterday.
    Yowza. I'm curious to see what happens in the next few days re: losing weight!
  • its time for change
    Options
    Hey Mel

At least you only took a little of everything, and you did have the best of intentions. You are doing so well!! :smile:

I'm glad that you wrote what you did, I was trying to think of a filling low cal low, I am going to have a can of tuna with a tbsp of Newmans light honey mustard and a tbsp of yogurt.

Today is hubby's birthday and even though I am going to try to be good at our family dinner, I also want to be included.