Compliments Fuel Confidence

Options
What are some of the best compliments anyone has graced to you with?
And how has that affected how you view yourself?

For example:

All of my life people, mostly older people and moms, have told me how pretty my hair is.
When I became a teenager I thought that my hair was the only pretty and unique thing about me.
When a girl younger than me came up to me and said "Gosh you are so pretty! Are you one of those people that gets told how naturally gorgeous you are all the time?" After she said this I almost started crying. I began to be confident in myslef as a whole and appreciate who I was without just thinking my hair color was all that was good about me.

So, on any topic, what is the best compliment you have ever been given? What was its affect on you?

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You're so kind

You're an amazing mother.

Do you ever not smile.

Those mean more to me than any others
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Apparently three weeks of not being at work has made me "beautiful". So many people at work have told me today how nice I look.. I think its my tan lol

I always get compliments on my eyes.
    And on how white my teeth are.

But I love when people compliment my personality... Looks come and go. TRUST ME. Ive gone through my stages, but ive always been the same person on the inside!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I will never forget the day when I was an awkward 12 year old girl with my cousins whom I thought were prettier than me, and this glamorous country singer looked at me and said, "You are beautiful. Don't ever let anyone tell you any different."

Also, when I was 12, I was with my best friend whom I thought was gorgeous and considered myself her "ugly" friend... lol... we were in a doughnut shop at lunch, and there were these high school guys in there with a group of pretty cheerleaders. There was this one guy who kept looking in our direction. I naturally assumed he was looking at my BFF. But when she went to the bathroom, he singled me out right there in front of everyone. He asked me what my name was and how old I was, and then told me I was very pretty. I think my face probably looked like a bright red tomato. I was so shy and awkward back then.

I've had lots of compliments since then, but for some reason, I will never forget those two days.

Another compliment I was given once that fueled my confidence:

I walked into a convenient store one day on my way to church, and the cashier looked at me and said, "You're the singer, right." I was like, "Huh..." She said, "You're the singer. I always hear you in church. You have a beautiful voice. You should sing on stage."

Honestly, I have never really thought I could sing. I just like to.

But I got more compliments...

And one day, I actually sang in front of others! On stage. And I did okay. :)