Job making me gain weight???

Options
But seriously... I have been on vacation for 1 week. During that time, I ate well (but more than I would normally eat at home) and kept up with my exercise routine and actually lost a pound even though I am at maintenence. Since I have been back to work for two days and following the same routine as usual I am up a pound and considerably bloated.

The only difference is that I am forced to wake up earlier which totally stresses me as opposed to waking up naturally as I did while I was on vacation. Funny thing is I also notice that on the weekends when I can wake up naturally my weight is ALWAYS lower than when I have to wake up unnaturally (by the blaring alarm clock:mad: ).

Just something interesting I thought I would share.

Replies

• annaliza
    Options
    Could it be stress?
  • roccopico
    Options
    You may not realize it but you are more active when you are not at work. Unless you are a nurse or doctor or something where you stand all day. I know I put on 20 pounds when I started working a desk job instead of something where I moved around all day.
    So even though you were on vacation you were still probably moving around more.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Yeah, at my desk job I am less active. I also tend to snack more because I get bored with what I'm doing. When I'm home, I'm usually running around, cleaning, or doing whatever and eat when I'm hungry or need to feed my kids. It sux, but what can ya do really? I try to snack healthy but there are some days that I just can't get my mind off those candy bars in the breakroom.
  • roccopico
    Options
    Amen to that and our sodas are only 25 cents. It is hard to choose the whole grain crackers and water over a Coke and a pack of peanut m&ms....
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Also doesn't help when there are office snacks around. today my office hosted a business breakfast, we have trays of left over muffins, pastries and CHEESE!!! Why does Cheese have to be so bad??? There are pounds of it just sitting there tempting me....
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's true that I may be more active outside of work, but since I am so anal, I bring ALL of my food to work including snacks and decline offers for anything else and only drink water while I am here. I use my 45 minute lunch break to take a 30 minute walk and then work out intensely in the evening.

Thanks for all of your responses. I thought that maybe I should become a perma-vacationer:laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great example of how important sleep is to a healthy life! I hate mornings too!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I've never paid much attention to the sleep issue. My twins are almost 2 and I really haven't had the opportunity to sleep in since before they were born.

This weekend we will be kid free for a couple mornings. Maybe that means that I can lose some lbs then?! It's worth paying attention to.
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Paulkj...I know exactly how you feel! I think it's stress put on the body. Like, stress we don't even realize. I live in NYC (stressful!), but when I go home to northern Wisconsin, and don't watch my intake, I instantly de-bloat and lose weight. (no matter how many DQ Blizzards I stock up on :wink: )