What would you do?

Options
My birthday was yesterday and I gave in today and had like half of my cake!!!! What should I do to make up for it??? Maybe run harder the next day...

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    count the cals of the cake and divide it by 7 and remove that many for the week. :)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about it, but if you really feel bad then just do a few extra minutes of running tomorrow, a bad meal will not kill you
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I dont know really how much I had I just kept eating it!!
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    Keep consistent. Use it as a cheat day and forget about it! Just move on and start fresh. Don't reduce your calories or not eat back your exercise calories.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    eat your cake! don't worry about it.
  • musicmint
    Options
    I know that moderation is key and I totally blew that rule up!!
  • katies71123
    Options
    I would say "It's my birthday, I get to indulge once a year!" Then I would NOT worry about the calories because tomorrow is a new day! =)

And...Happy Birthday!! =)
  • musicmint
    Options
    I would say "It's my birthday, I get to indulge once a year!" Then I would NOT worry about the calories because tomorrow is a new day! =)

And...Happy Birthday!! =)

Thank you!! I appreciate it 8)
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    its impossible to gain weight from this. u will remain the same or gain some water.
    if you overate ur body will naturally fix ur diet in the coming days by controlling those cravings.
    gets go on a run on empty and get rid of some of the carbs in ur system to prevent them making you eat more carbs 2morrow.
  • ollyollyolly
    ollyollyolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself over it, it really won't hurt to have a breakout day. Think about how far you've come so far - embrace this strength - and start fresh tomorrow :-)
  • musicmint
    Options
    its impossible to gain weight from this. u will remain the same or gain some water.
    if you overate ur body will naturally fix ur diet in the coming days by controlling those cravings.
    gets go on a run on empty and get rid of some of the carbs in ur system to prevent them making you eat more carbs 2morrow.

sorry I dont fully understand what you are trying to say? How is it impossible? It is sugar...alot at that!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Your cake was a lie anyway.
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. Ask yourself how you can protect yourself the next time.

2. forgive yourself and just move on

3. Simply pick up where you left off.

4. remember you have time, you dont have to make up for it

Hope this helps,

Austin
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    You just pick up where you left off and continue. Forget about the incident. And don't try to divide by 7 and spread it over the week; it doesn't work that way.
  • newbb11
    newbb11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! So you had a cheat day. It isn't going to throw you off much at all as long as you get back on track and don't do it daily. I wouldn't stress about it or make youself feel bad. Just move on, tomorrow is another day!!
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    Doesn't work that way.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Toss the other half in the trash and start eating well now. :) no regrets!
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options

sorry I dont fully understand what you are trying to say? How is it impossible? It is sugar...alot at that!

I think the point was that you likely did not eat 3,500 calories worth of cake in one sitting, so you probably didn't gain. More than likely you just ate into your deficit for the day. It will be ok... :smile:
  • shuman316
    shuman316 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been told before if you are going to cheat on your diet enjoy it don't feel guilty but make it worth don't cheat just to cheat
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    In your shoes I'd just write today off and start fresh tomorrow.