Have you made progress?

Options
Hi, I have been so inspired by all these success stories and I was just wondering how you guys do it. Can you write your progress/success and how you accomplished your goal. By that I mean what was your workout routine or your calorie intake. Even include before/after pictures if you want. Thankssss

Replies

• happyceliza
    happyceliza Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, and I've haven't posted any photo since I have more to loose before I feel better. I've had some success with WW and am going to start using MFP after my 3 months at WW is up. I use Walk It Out on the Wii or Walk Away the Pounds DVDs and just carefully track everything. I started at about 235, though it sucks because my scale was really off, so I don't have an accurate start weight. I have lost 1 pant size and 3" off my waist.
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    Greattt jobb : )
  • olivia_sweeetie13
    Options
    I've had a rollercoaster ride. I lost 7 lbs, then went on vacation and gained it all back. Then I lost 2 lbs. Now I've lost 7 lbs all together! I can actually see the bottom of my ribs and I'm pretty excited about it :)

Btw- this isn't like an imacipated kind of look. More like a less fat there kinda look :)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I would guess that all my fat loss is about 90% diet and 20% exercise. I would probably have lost the same amount of weight with my small calorie deficit but the weightlifting allowed me to hang onto as much muscle as possible.

I didnt do any special diet or workout. Just kept my protien and fat at a healthy level and made the rest of my calories up with whatever I wanted. The workout was a combination of cardio and weight training.
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    One day at a time. I get up and while I'm eating my breakfast, I get on myfitnesspal.com and plan my menu for the day. That way I know exactly where I stand. And I just plug away at it everyday; its easy once you start to see progress. And if you don't right away just keep at it. I've been on it two months now; lost 13 lbs and I love it when I keep losing, it it keeps me motivated. Its like "how bad do you want to lose the weight?"
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have been using this site since January. I have a goal of losing 64 lbs. by my 64th birthday "64 by 64" and I am getting close to being half way there (I will be 64 in 2013). I set a goal of 1 pound a week and I have pretty much acheived that goal. I am trying to eat as "cleanly" as possible and am swimming or walking almost daily for exercise. It is slow but steady and I am very happy with my results so far. I remind myself that the weight did not go on over night and it will not go away overnight, either. I also make sure to eat breakfast every day and steer clear of the foods that I crave the most...breads and pizza. I eat very few processed foods and shop at our local farmer's market whenever possible for organic fresh fruits and vegetables. If I can do it, anyone can. This site has been my salvation. Keep at it, it WILL happen, slowly but surely.
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    Thanks for all the info guyss, Im glad you all have made progress.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Before I started on MFP, I lost 7 pounds over the course of a year slowly cutting down on portion sizes, and then another 4 pounds over the course of 2 weeks from switching from high-sugar options of snacks and cereals to low-sugar options and continuing to cut down on portion sizes.

When I started on MFP, I was shocked at how much I was really eating. I learned a lot from my first day logged and I began to be more aware of the foods I was eating and I started logging a day in advance so I could have a plan for my 6 small meals every day. I also began adding more exercise into my days -- mostly walking, sometimes dancing, jogging, or biking.

I began being more aware of how much water I was actually drinking in a day. I began eating more and more servings of fresh fruits and vegetables - now, I generally eat 4-5 servings of vegetables and 1-2 servings of fruit every day.

Here is a blog post I wrote about my dietary changes:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SoozeE512/view/dietary-changes-284100

Since starting on MFP on 2 / 17 / 2012, I've lost 14 pounds, but in total, I've lost 25 pounds in about 1 1/2 years. I'm 5'3", 26 years old, female, and I eat roughly around 1200 calories net. My highest weight was 170 lbs (slightly obese), I'm now 145 (overweight), and looking to reach 140 (normal BMI) at which time I will reset my goal to 130.
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Definately suggest that you log EVERYTHING: puts into perspective what you are doing.
    This is how I look at my workouts and eating: in order to lose weight, you must burn more calories than you are eating. If that means eating your recommended 1250 calories (or whatever it may be for you) and burning 1251, then great! It isn't impossible; the MTV show "I Used to be Fat" has trainers working close to 3500 calories a day out of those kids who have 100 days to lose 100 lbs. That being said, 1lb=3500 calories. If you work out 6 days a week, and burn 500 calories more than what you eat, then you will lose 1lb a week! Helps me motivate myself to walk/run a little extra :)
  • dramaqueen0619
    dramaqueen0619 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started on May 1, 2012 and have lost 28 pounds. I still have about 76 pounds to go but I am taking it one day at a time. I have tried diets before and after a couple months I would get bored and give up. Not with MFP. I love being able to have all the support and read the other success stories. It pushes me to go all the way. I have changed the way I eat, especially portions. I walk to work almost every day and just bought a bike to ride the trails.
  • crazymoka
    crazymoka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always worked out. Usually twice a day. In the morning, i'd do cardio. In the evening i'd lift weights. I've always been muscular, but i haven't been lean in a long time. I started to believe my own mindset: "I work out so I can eat and drink all I want." Sure enough, I have a lot of pounds to shed.

So far in two months since i've been using MFP, i've lost a steady 15 pounds. This is just through watching what I eat! I too as others stated was surprised what I was taking in. Unfortunately, since I started I have gone a few days here and there without recording anything. And sure i fluctuate a couple of pounds per week, but it really helps you keep focused and motivated to reach any goal. I'm positive within a few months more, I'll definitely meet my long term goals!
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    @saraast So if I eat 1300 calories a day, how much calories should I burn each day? I know you have to lose 3500 calories to lose one pound but Im still a little confused.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    @saraast So if I eat 1300 calories a day, how much calories should I burn each day? I know you have to lose 3500 calories to lose one pound but Im still a little confused.

In your MFP settings you choose your height, weight, age, and activity level. It will guess how many calories you are automatically burning each day even if you don't exercise.
    If you want to maintain the same weight, it will tell you to eat that many.
    If you want to lose a pound a week, your food goals will be 500 calories per day less than what it normally takes you to maintain the same weight. A 500 cal deficit for 7 days means for the week you have taken in 3500 less calories than what you burn, and you will have lost 1 pound.
    If you also exercise and burn off 200 calories, you are supposed to consume the extra 200 calories in food in addition to your normal intake.

I'm on a 1600 calorie per day goal to lose 2 pound per week.
    If I exercise and burn another 400 calories then I need to eat 2000 that day.
    I would have still eaten 1000 less than I burned for the day so I will lose weight slowly, in a healthy way, and it should stay off!
  • vladamisa
    vladamisa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    well my tracker here is starting with what i weighed when i created the account it does not allot for the 20+ pounds i lost before coming here, Fall 2011 i attended the zumba class three times a week as much as i could and i would do every weight machine in the gym 20 reps of whatever i could lift that day this took me two hours each day which was good, i also cut out sodas for the most part i did not however change my diet i just ate less and i dont mean less calories instead of eating two mcchicken sandwhiches i ate one and so on, granted i dont eat the bread with hardly anything i hate bread but thats another story. thats at least how i lost my first 20lbs anyways ^_^
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    k, thanks ! that helps alot
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!