whey protein???

abatres7
abatres7 Posts: 146
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have never used it but I hear there are many benefits. Which product do you all recommend and where do I buy it? Any info would help. Thanks

Replies

• whey is milk.....
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    There's a gnc protein powder called ADS (advanced delivery system), which contains no soy, the only Protein powder that I could find at GNC with no soy. It's moderately priced, and has all the amino acids needed for healthy protein delivery, I recommend it, it's tasty. It's all milk and egg protein.

FYI, the reason why I don't use soy (or as little as possible), is because it's a very controversial topic right now, there are many well respected agencies out there (like the AHA) that want to remove soy from the FDA's list of healthy foods until further testing can be done. With all the controversy going on with soy, and the outcomes those controversy's can have (cancer, metabolic syndrome, defects in children, possible reduced sex drive for men...etc.) I feel it's best to just stay away until there's more definitive proof.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    You can get the whey protein powder just about anywhere. Even at Wal mart. It's good to use if you are working out and strength training. There are alot of recipes out there for it. I just mix mine with a lil skim milk and drink as a shake/meal.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I have tried the Isopure zero carb creamy vanilla - very good...you can get it GNC vitamin shopped, but it does have sucralose (splenda)

I hope to try Jayy Robb soon...more "clean"
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I use 100% whey gold standard, very low in calories, fat , and sugar. I mix it with 2% milk.
This discussion has been closed.