healthy breakfast options?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator Oatmeal, also known as Overnight Porridge.

I make it as follows:

1. 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats.
    2. 1/2 cup yogurt.
    3. A little water (basically about 1/3 cup or so, enough to rinse out the yogurt from the measuring cup)
    4. Fixins' (in my case, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp baking cocoa, 1 tbsp molasses, and 1 tsp cinnamon).

Put everything in a mason jar. Stir until well-mixed. Put in refrigerator overnight.

Next morning, you'll have an easy-to-transport breakfast that can be eaten hot, cold, or lukewarm as per your preferences or needs. I throw it in my pannier bag on my bicycle and when my 14-mile commute is done, I have a solid breakfast all ready to snarf down.

awesome idea! I like my oatmeal at room temperature, so this is great to take to work on my bike, thanks :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    - oatmeal w/ agave nectar and fruit ( i like peaches and blueberries )

- breakfast sandwiches : egg ( or egg beaters ), Sargentos brand ultra thin cheese slices, morning star veggie sausage patties or veggie bacon and baby spinach is my favorite combination. I make them on either Ezekiel brand Low-Sodium Sprouted Whole Grain bread, or on Weight Watcher's toasted bagels.

- breakfast wraps : same combo of ingredients but in a portable whole-grain, high-fiber wrap

- breakfast quesadilla : scramble eggs, w/ saute'd onions, mushrooms and diced bell peppers. put it onto half of a large tortilla, with low-fat or fat-free ( i really like Weight Watchers brand Mexican Cheese ), fold the other half of the tortilla over top and fry in a pan with non stick spray. serve with salsa.

- yogurt parfait : fat-free greek yogurt layered with fresh chopped fruit, and granola
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    This morning I cooked 1/2 cup of dry rolled oats in water. I added 2 tbs of finely sliced almonds and 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries. No sugar or sweeteners. It was satisfying and filling.
  • katieolawrence
    katieolawrence Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread is AMAZING!!!! I eat it dry and toasted with scrambled eggs whites. I add a lot of garlic and cayenne pepper to my eggs. The nuts and sweetness of the bread with the eggs is a great way to start the morning :)