Anyone else have this problem?

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I had surgery on August 6th to rebuild my ankle. About a week later is was discovered I have a blood clot that stretches from my knee halfway into my calf and three days after that it was discovered I have about 5-10 clots in each lung. So lucky me I was put on Coumadin (Warfain) and Lovenox. :grumble: I'm still eating really healthy and the correct calories but I am not losing any weight. I've been active on my crutches which I know burns calories and gives your upper body a good work out too. Anyone else have weight problems on those medicenes? Any suggestions on how to start losing weight again? Its been a month I've been stuck here.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    I have no advice for you, I've never been in your situation, but I just wanted to say that I will pray for your full recovery!!!!

Bless you!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    I would put your weight lost to a side and just focus on recovering my father had surgery and developed blood clots and they started to spread threw out his body and he didn't rest or give his body time to recover and they kept spreading and he got a few in his brain and they burst which cost him his life... His surgery was different from yours but blood clots big or small are no joke and you should just focus on healing your body !!!! Don't rush things!!!!! Don't wanna freak you out or starting making you worry but it's so important to just kick up your feet, take it easy and let your body get better...:flowerforyou:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Just do exactly what your doctors tell you to do and don't worry about weight loss until you are well! Blood clots are very serious, and you need to concentrate on getting well before anything else. I hope you are well soon!
This discussion has been closed.