155 g of protein?

Options
orishp
orishp Posts: 214 Member
Someone posted this link, which I found really interesting
http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP)

I am doing most of this stuff, except that I am averaging about 100 g of protein/day, according to this I should be eating more protein, but I honestly don't know how, while keeping calories also in check

I usually drink a protein shake, or a protein bar. My dairy is open so anyone can look and give me advice if you feel like. I am just now re-introducing dairy to my diet.

And before you say anything, yes, I know I am eating too little calories, but it is working, so until it stops working I am keeping my net calories to 1000

Should I really be eating that much protein?

Replies

• orishp
    Options
    Bump
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb for protein is 1 gram per pound of lean body mass... not 1 gram per pound of body weight like that guy is telling you.

Also, why are you trying to starve yourself? If you would eat more, then you could fit in more protein... just saying.
  • orishp
    Options
    Mmmm, is that 100-%body fat? I am confused. I think i am about 26% fat, 50% water and 30+% muscle according to my scale.

And i am seriously not trying to starve myself, i dont feel hungry, have tons of energy, and feel great overall, plus the lbs are coming off. Like said, its working, and for me its generally pretty difficult to lose weight, so if it aint broken ...,

In case you are basing your comment on last thursday, i had a stomach bug so i didnt feel like eating anything that day
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, is that 100-%body fat? I am confused. I think i am about 26% fat, 50% water and 30+% muscle according to my scale.

And i am seriously not trying to starve myself, i dont feel hungry, have tons of energy, and feel great overall, plus the lbs are coming off. Like said, its working, and for me its generally pretty difficult to lose weight, so if it aint broken ...,

In case you are basing your comment on last thursday, i had a stomach bug so i didnt feel like eating anything that day

No it's not 100-body fat.. look up LBM Calculator, and it will tell you.

I didn't even look at your diary, but as a generally rule of thumb unless you are super short, you are going to need more than a thousand calorie net a day.

Plus you only have 17 pounds to lose it looks like... and since you already lost 13, it seems like you are losing them pretty fast. The faster you lose them, the more likely you are to gain them back.. but the slower you lose, the more likely it is to stay off.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I looked back and you're consistently undereating (unless you're about 4 ft tall). There wasn't a single day above 1180 or so and a few in the 800-900 region plus exercise.

That's way below your BMR unless you're a midget, so your body will fight tooth and nail to hang onto everything it's got.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Maybe consider Caesin before bed!
  • orishp
    Options

That's way below your BMR unless you're a midget, so your body will fight tooth and nail to hang onto everything it's got.

Then how come I am losing weight steadily between 1.5-2 lbs/week?????

I do appreciate the concern and suggestions, I really do, but like I said in my original post, I am aware that I am eating few calories, I am aware of the whole starvation mode, but this is working for me. I am on a medically supervised diet, they monitor my muscle loss, which has been little, maybe 2 out of those 13 lbs, so thats an indication that I am not in starvation mode