Need some advice and help with no carb foods

Options
Ok does anyone know of any websites or have a list of different dinner ideas and snack ideas that have no carbs?? Im really struggling with this. Wanting to keep mine at 100g or less a day but alot of what is very healthy for you for breakfast contains alot of carbs...fiber cereal, oatmeal, etc. Plus Im wanting to also try the no carbs after 3pm but I cannot find hardly anything that would fit for dinner or snacks that doesnt have at least some to moderate level of carbs! And if I eat carbs for breakfast and some for a snack and maybe lunch then that doesnt leave much room at all for dinner:( if anyone has any suggestions or know of some I would greatly appreciate the help!:) Snacks and dinner are my main concerns:)

I have tried googling but all I can come up with is low carb ideas, not much out there that I can find dealing with no carbs ideas:(

Thanks!!:)

~Carrie~

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Ok does anyone know of any websites or have a list of different dinner ideas and snack ideas that have no carbs?? Im really struggling with this. Wanting to keep mine at 100g or less a day but alot of what is very healthy for you for breakfast contains alot of carbs...fiber cereal, oatmeal, etc. Plus Im wanting to also try the no carbs after 3pm but I cannot find hardly anything that would fit for dinner or snacks that doesnt have at least some to moderate level of carbs! And if I eat carbs for breakfast and some for a snack and maybe lunch then that doesnt leave much room at all for dinner:( if anyone has any suggestions or know of some I would greatly appreciate the help!:) Snacks and dinner are my main concerns:)

I have tried googling but all I can come up with is low carb ideas, not much out there that I can find dealing with no carbs ideas:(

Thanks!!:)

~Carrie~

Why so low?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    "No carbs after 3pm" WHY?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    same question as above.

But if you really want to then just eat meat.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Try Adtkins diet.com. If you but the book (paperback) It gets yo to start the 1st 2 weeks on 25 carbs or less for the 2 week introductory period. Youb have to do away with all bread, sugar fruit etc for 2 weeks, you can eat almost all the meat you want, eggs, cheese. they are high protien, almost no carbs!

Basil
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    chicken, turkey tuna or fish and lots of veggies like carrots celery lettuce cucumbers basically a salad and a lean protein for Dinner
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OP went away I guess...but for fun reading......
    http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Fat Loss
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    carbs are the devil, but you really need carbs from vegetables.

http://cavemanketo.com/
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Try Adtkins diet.com. If you but the book (paperback) It gets yo to start the 1st 2 weeks on 25 carbs or less for the 2 week introductory period. Youb have to do away with all bread, sugar fruit etc for 2 weeks, you can eat almost all the meat you want, eggs, cheese. they are high protien, almost no carbs!

Basil

Not all that fond of the atkins, I feel thats way too low. Im keeping mine to a semi-low to help with weight lose and its helping quit a bit. I have heard several different professionals talk about not eating any carbs past lunch time including Bob Harper.

~Carrie~
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    chicken, turkey tuna or fish and lots of veggies like carrots celery lettuce cucumbers basically a salad and a lean protein for Dinner

Thanks!! I have been using these type foods quit a bit and I love them, just didnt know if this is basically what i need to stick to or if there were others items I hadnt thought of before or knew of:)

~Carrie~
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary. I still eat steel cut oats for breakfast some mornings. Most days my carbs are below 100.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I use to be a diet fiend and have tired so many things. What I have learned recently is that our body actually needs carbs to function properly. My diet actually consists of about 60-80% carbs. Carbs are not bad at all it's just has to do with what kind of carbs you are eating. The best thing you can do is avoid simple carbs such as white bread, white pasta, and basically anything processed. Try complex carbs like brown rice, veggies, and truly whole grain breads. I hope this helps a bit. In the long run doing a diet like atkins can be extremely detrimental to your health.
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    I use to be a diet fiend and have tired so many things. What I have learned recently is that our body actually needs carbs to function properly. My diet actually consists of about 60-80% carbs. Carbs are not bad at all it's just has to do with what kind of carbs you are eating. The best thing you can do is avoid simple carbs such as white bread, white pasta, and basically anything processed. Try complex carbs like brown rice, veggies, and truly whole grain breads. I hope this helps a bit. In the long run doing a diet like atkins can be extremely detrimental to your health.

Thanks so much for your insight!:) And I totally agree with you on the diet thing. Im not on a diet nor plan on being on anything that isnt healthy, especially adkins. My "diet" is to eat healthy unprocessed foods as much as possible:) Yes I am trying to keep my carbs down a bit, but not by much. My recommended amount is 130g, so 100g isnt drastically changing it but it has helped alot in weight lose for me. I know our bodies need carbs to do alot of things, thats why Im not cutting them out all together or only allowing myself 20g which basically is cutting them all out lol. Thanks for the tip about going to whole grains and such. I have been working hard at switching everything over to whole grains and I think Im doing fairly good but still have a long way to go LOL:)

~Carrie~
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    I do light breads with breakfast or lunch and by dinner I eat protein and veggies. If you're a fan of eggs...I usually eat omelettes for dinner with 1 whole egg, 3 eggwhites, 1 oz reduced fat mozzarella, 1c(sometimes more) baby spinach, and if I'm feeling the craving for bacon, 1 tbsp real bacon pieces. Also, stirfry with meat and veggies is a great option as well.
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    Take a look at my diary. I still eat steel cut oats for breakfast some mornings. Most days my carbs are below 100.

Thank you very much!:) Ill do that:)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

ugh please don't spew this trash about low carb being detrimental.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options

ugh please don't spew this trash about low carb being detrimental.

Well, most people don't need to do low carb either. Carbs are not "evil" like you seem to believe.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my dairy for ideas, basiclly lots of lean meats and veggies
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of South Beach diet friendly recipes on Pinterest. They aren't all low carb but you can look through them.
    www.pinterest.com/issypal
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from the starchy foods after 3 p.m. I don't eat a lot of starchy foods as it is now. When I was doing low carb eating seriously, I found on about.com the nutritional value of vegetables and fruits and stuck to the veggies and fruits that were low carb. Right now I am at about 100-150 grams of carbs a day, it really depends on the activity level for that day. My typical low carb day will be a 3 egg white omlette with mushrooms, green onions, some salt and pepper. Lunch is usually a tuna salad with a vinegrette dressing or a low carb ranch dressing. Dinner is a grilled cut of beef, chicken, or fish. My favoriet fruits to snack on are grapes, apricots, apples, watermelon, and cantelope. I don't recommend doing low carb for too long, just during the weight loss period then when you have reached your goal weight, integrate whole grain starches back into your diet.
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    I have a lot of South Beach diet friendly recipes on Pinterest. They aren't all low carb but you can look through them.
    www.pinterest.com/issypal

Thanks!! Ill look you up on there:) I love pinterest!! hehe