BEST NSV Yet- hill climbing

Options
endsend511
endsend511 Posts: 16 Member
So this is my first post on the notice board but i had to tell the world what i did today. I started my journey in January and in March I started with a personal trainer. we started off what i thought was hard and about three weeks in he took me mid session up this really steep set street and then up this set of stairs equally as step. now I live in Dunedin new zealand the home of the steepest street in the world so when i say steep i really mean it. So i will list my progress in bullet points here
1. first time I stopped 6 time on the way to the top and felt terrible.
2. second week we did it again this time Tim my personal trainer told me i was only allowed to stop 3 times. ( i only stopped once)
3. third week 1 stop
4. fourth week i started with a new personal trainer as Tim got recalled to the army. Mike my new trainer said 'NO stopping", I didn't
5. on Week 5 we went for time Mike said lets see if we can do this under 4 minutes- It took me 4.56, but i didn't stop
6. Week 6 i hurt my back so took a week off
7. Week 7 i got that time down to 4.30
8. Week 8 I got that time down to 4.16
and I was stuck there Due to the unpredictable dunedin weather we couldn't go out side an tackle the stairs because of frosts and rain and then i went on holiday for two weeks
Well today was my achievement day. quick warm up on the bike to get the legs moving, Stretching, and then off we went
I run the first bit, got to the top of the hill and to the bottom of the stair in less then 2 minute, I felt the burn in my legs every part of me was telling me to stop, except Mike next to me telling one step at a time, keep going, you don't stop of stairs any more, and I got to the top, breathing very hard and mike just showed me his watch 3.46. I did it and took 30 seconds of my Personal best.

I missed one point in this I was wearing a 10KG vest today as mike said I should achieve this goal at the same weight i started at. I so happy, NEW GOAL 3.30

Replies

• Sandyrocks82
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement. It is very inspiring to me. Good luck to finish it under 3:30.
  • endsend511
    endsend511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I first posted about my hill climbing at the start of July now one month on I got it down to under 3:30. It hurt and it was hard but it was so worth it.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are doing great!!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You did a great job :flowerforyou:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just see you go! :happy: That's fantastic progress - you're doing fabulously :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!