non workout workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    haha i am the typical white girl who CANNOT move at ALL!

feeding into the negative stereotype. haha

just find a sport or something else you like.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Prancersize..... look it up :laugh:
  • funandfitness22
    Options
    I've doing this workout with friends that uses a sword....it's actually really fun and we get into it. It's called Steel MBS and its a bit like tai chi but you use a real sword for balance. It's really fun and it feels more like you're a ninja or in a video game than working out!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Martial arts! Taekwondo was the best workout of my life, and super fun. Now I do karate, which is less aerobic and more strength/endurance, which is easier on my joints and lower back, and STILL super fun. It's hard to remember you're working out when you're throwing kicks at a heavy bag.... or at someone else! ;)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like to borrow my stepdaughters JustDance games. Its very fun.

Redbox rents Wii (XBox) games .......not a big selection.....but worth a look to seek if it's something you like.

I find that if I click with an instructor .....exercise is tollerable. Give it enough time & you will develop a habit.

Mini-trampolines are fun....I just park in front of the TV and go
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Water Aerobics. I take a class at the local Y and while I can feel the burn, while I'm in there, it just feels nice. The hour flies by.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    burlesque and belly-dancing...a lot of fun
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    They have Zumba workouts on Youtube if you are like me and don't like to "exercise" around others. Honestly, though it's a great workout, Zumba is just dancing. It feels like fun.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great fun and doesn't feel like exercise (except for the sweat!).
    Hiking - it is weather dependent but I think I'd do it even if it was not good for my physically, because it is so good for my mental health.
    Bike riding - I sometimes mountain bike with my husband, but I admit I prefer to just ride around for fun. It makes me feel exactly like it did when I was kid. I've always loved bike riding.
    Gardening and yard work - I love these because I can see immediate results. Not on me, that takes time like any exercise, but still there is a sense of accomplishment to a well groomed yard or fresh veggies or flowers.
    Dancing - despite having done Zumba for a few years now, I am a terrible dancer. But it is still really fun.
    Active video games - Wii, Kinect - I love to play these with my grandsons.

It's important to remember that all movement is exercise. It doesn't have to be done just for 'exercise'.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    haha i am the typical white girl who CANNOT move at ALL! i wouldn't mind giving it a shot at home though... to see if maybe i can try to learn some basic steps. anybody know any good online videos?!

i have a WII so I'm thinking i'll see if i can rent some different games for it, I think that would be easy and fun!

You ever see a baby with music on?

they bounce? they find the rhythm regardless.

EVERYONE unless there is a neurological issue at hand- can improve their dance abilities- now- getting over your own inhibitions about it? that's usually the bigger issue.

It's a skill- almost anyone can do it- and improve. It just takes time and practice.

Zouk
    Baracha
    Bowka
    Zumba
    Bellydancing

all fun ways to get moving without getting crazy with it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    i HATE exercising... so i'm in need of some new suggestions. exercise that doesn't even feel like exercise. i know it's kind of to each his own but i'll take just about anything and give it a shot! any classes anybody takes that are SUPER or any other sport or anything that they love? :) let me know!

that all depends on what you like...when I first started it was a 20min walk with the hubby...then it was Wii Just dance now it's weight lifting...
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Zumba! I love going. Don't think how uncoordinated you are. If you have a good instructor you won't have time to look around at anyone which means no one can look at you. I burn between 650-800 plus calories a class and for an hours work that not too shabby. I look forward to go to class and find myself less stressed and feel better about the way that I eat. I am telling you I love it. I think this is what the doctor ordered. Oh and if you don't like the first class try another instructor! All Zumba classes are not created equal. Some teachers are more aerobics than dance. you want an instructor that is more dance. You will not only get cut but you will have tons of fun. :)