New and need some recipes for breakfast...?

Options
I'm just starting out and really am motivated but I am having some trouble finding breakfast that are healthy and fast..and ideas or recipes to share? I really like egg whites with veggies so any recipes like that would really help. Thanks!

Replies

• mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is take one egg white and one mushroom cooked together kind of folded the best you can, place on a toasted whole wheat/grain muffin, a slice of tomato, a slice of onion, and a bit of mustard. You can also use a slice of lowfat cheese if you don't want the mustard. I have also used canadian bacon, I have found a turkey based canadian bacon that is pretty good. I don't substitute the canadian bacon for anything. I use the egg, bacon, tomato, onion, and muffin altogether for my sandwich. I am usually ready for a snack about 2 or 3 hours later to get me through till lunch when I eat this.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    This is very simple and very filling which is good cos I find I dont even need toast with it. Great high protein breakky.

2 large eggs beaten
    2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese .
    Season as you like.
    1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsely (optional)

Mix the cottage cheese into the egg mixture
    Give a small pan a good spray of canola or olive oil and scramble egg mixture. If adding parsley, throw in toward the end.

Tastes creamy and cheesy without being overly high in cals

175 cals
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Orowheat sandwich thin
    fried egg
    fresh basil
    herb feta
    chipotle mayo
    sundried tomato
    about 270 calories. Yum