Reducing water weight without laxatives?

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Drink more water!
    This!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    reduce sodium intake.....drink lots of water
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are funny. This is so true.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some tips on reducing water bloating without swallowing laxatives?
    I've been trying tea and coffee but they're not really working.
    I think you have your bodily functions mixed up. Diuretics would reduce water retention.

That's what I was thinking.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    sweat it out!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

Last time I had tequila, I couldn't even keep down water the next day and bam. 5 pounds lighter

You're welcome.

:drinker:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    The benchmark test is your urine color. Is it very light in color, slightly yellow or really yellow? If your drinking enough water (and don't have a medical condition) your urine should be very light in color and almost clear. If your urine is very dark, up your water for a few days. If your chronically short of water, it will take your body a while to balance out.

Also, if your eating low sodium diet and then all of a sudden eat a lot more then normal, that will cause momentary weight gain and bloating as well. Give it a few days to flush out of your system.

RE: urine color....IF you take B vitamins (especially B12), it will color your urine a bright yellow.......just sayin'.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some underlying health issues, what everyone says about drinking more water and watching your sodium intake will help reduce your bloating. Laxatives will NOT help you with bloating and they should NEVER be used as a method of weight loss. Exercise, lots of water and good nutrition are the keys to getting into and staying in shape.

Good luck on your journey! :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Tequila!

Last time I had tequila, I couldn't even keep down water the next day and bam. 5 pounds lighter

You're welcome.

when i drink alcohol i wake up all dried up, nothing works as good as that (it dehydrates you). however it's only short-term, alcohol is bad for your body and you will gain weight if you drink it excessively.

*SHHHEWWWWMM* (that was a joke flying over your head)

*SHHHHEWWWEEEWMM* YOU DON'T SAY??? :)))))))))
    it does work though!
  • sarahj2u
    sarahj2u Posts: 2
    Options
    Possibly the best diet advice EVER! :laugh: