Gym tipsss !!!

Options
Hi, Ive been doing my normal exercise routine everyday but get bored easily..so I want to know your weight loss success and what gym routine works for you. Im trying to lose twenty pounds and have already lost 6 but I would just really like some more tips and help.

Replies

• kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My focus is cardio right now, I change every now and then and that's the 1st tip.
    I work out 4 days a week (and work 12hours the other 3.) at least one of those days is 90 minutes of cardio (to build stamina) at least one of those days is less than 40 minutes (because sometimes we don't have time for the gym but who doesn't have 20 minutes)
    I have one day a week of at least 30 minutes of outside exercise.
    Yoga min. 1 day a week.
    Pilates 2x weekly.
    The 3 days I work a walk at least 10 minutes at least 3 times..
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Try hopping on one of these challenges on the forums. (ex. 100 miles in july, or 5 pounds down in july) Stuff like that. Also referring from other threads i've seen you can try the pushup, situp or squat challenges.
  • katiev67blah
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys : ) Helps alott
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For me, the toughest part of cardio is staying on the machine. I . too get bored. I have good music and when that fails I takes one minute to "bless" or send positive energy to someone is my life who needs it. I think of their posittve qualities and what I wish for them.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Mix up your exercise types. Don't just do the weight room/cardio machines. Play a sport or maybe take a class. Variety is the spice of life.
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    For me, the toughest part of cardio is staying on the machine. I . too get bored. I have good music and when that fails I takes one minute to "bless" or send positive energy to someone is my life who needs it. I think of their posittve qualities and what I wish for them.

I absolutely love this! Such a great idea - I'm going to have to try it!!
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a trainer at they gym who gives me a programme which changes every 6 weeks or so. I get bored of routine and I've found that helps. My trainer says it's good to change your routine every so often otherwise you end up doing the same routine over and over and not progressing anywhere.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    2-3 days weights(varying routines) and currently 3 days a week of cardio(c25k program).

When I was losing weight, it was weights 2-3 days a week of varying routines and cardio(mainly walking on a treadmill).
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm a member of LA Fitness. The free group workout classes they schedule everyday is what motivates me to keep working out. The instructors get me to push myself harder than I was ever able to by my self as well. It's the next best thing to having a personal trainer. If your gym provides any sort of classes, I'd say give it a try!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is governed by your calorie deficit. Control that, and you will control your weight. Your gym sessions should focus on getting stronger or improving endurance and fitness. Strength training is king for maintaining or building lean muscle, which will help your body composition dramatically. Cardio will of course improve your cardiovascular fitness (and let's face it, it does burn calories).

I prefer to minimize my time in the gym and make every minute count, so for me that typically means intervals or HIIT for the cardio, and a focused compound lifting routine (e.g., Starting Strength) for strength training.